GDT: Friday, April 9th Game #40 8pm MST- Avs in Cali to play the Ducks

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Just read about it. They closed the place temporarily because a handful of people were having a normal reaction like nausea? That's some dumb shit.
I believe 3 people were sent to the hospital with complications, so they closed it down to investigate it. There have been stories in the media about large rashes and other complications from the J&J vaccine that hasn't happened with the others. Better to shut it down for a day or two, to make sure it's safe than just continuing to inoculate people with it when some are having severe reactions to it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I believe 3 people were sent to the hospital with complications, so they closed it down to investigate it. There have been stories in the media about large rashes and other complications from the J&J vaccine that hasn't happened with the others. Better to shut it down for a day or two, to make sure it's safe than just continuing to inoculate people with it when some are having severe reactions to it.

Considering how many are getting the vaccine.... they are incredibly small numbers.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Considering how many are getting the vaccine.... they are incredibly small numbers.
It is, but imagine being the hospital or company that's administering the vaccines? 1 bad case could cost you millions in a lawsuit and/or in bad PR. My wife is an administrator at a major hospital out here, and to them, 1 is considered too many, as it should be.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It is, but imagine being the hospital or company that's administering the vaccines? 1 bad case could cost you millions in a lawsuit and/or in bad PR. My wife is an administrator at a major hospital out here, and to them, 1 is considered too many, as it should be.
Vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability, which in and of itself should make any one think twice.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
You would hope they’d also be extremely aware of the possible long term impact of getting COVID in their bodies and act accordingly.
Nobody knows all that yet. It's barely been a year since this all started. Just like with any virus, for some, there may be none. For others, there may be a lot. There may not be any for many years down the road. They simply don't know.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

It is bad PR, but severe reactions happen to the flu vaccine every year... if 1 is too many, you’ll never have a vaccine approved.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Just read about it. They closed the place temporarily because a handful of people were having a normal reaction like nausea? That's some dumb shit.

11 people out of the 1700 or so that were vaccinated that day had bad reactions. Of the 11, 2 were taken to hospitals via ambulance while the other 9 were able to shake the symptoms on site. Out of an abundance of causion, and following their protocol, Centura shut it down for the day. After an investigation involving the CDC and colorado health department, it was found those 11 were normal and expected reactions so it's back open.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

One person with minor side effects would mean not a single drug or medicine would be approved in this country or anywhere. Hospitals and these pharma companies do a ton of research during development and trials. When getting vaccinated, or really getting any prescription medicine, you are required to sign that you have been given information on and understand there are possible side effects including but not limited to death. There's no liability to these pharma companies or hospitals. I don't even remember the last time I heard about someone suing a hospital over adverse reactions to a vaccine. Probably because 99% of people getting vaccinated understand the risks and agree to them.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Anybody but Grubauer, he's the 1 person we can't replace if he's the one who has Covid.
Well, it won't be Girard, since he's already had it. If it's one of Makar or Toews they're almost screwed just as much. Imagine a top 6 of G/Makar or Toews, Graves/Pateryn, Middleton/Burroughs for the next 2 games? That top 2 would play 30 - 35 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad