Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
82D88CB3-EBAE-473F-B51A-0E487355C9B3.jpeg

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
No doubt someone in the organisation will be desperate for the game to be postponed so we don't have to reveal who the person is. Wasn't the league supposed to be saying who was testing positive, like earlier in the year with Girard/Johnson/Landeskog?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No doubt someone in the organisation will be desperate for the game to be postponed so we don't have to reveal who the person is. Wasn't the league supposed to be saying who was testing positive, like earlier in the year with Girard/Johnson/Landeskog?

Players are posted on a covid list, but that isn't due out until this afternoon. We'll know soon enough if it was a player.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not vaccinated and no bubble. I'm super scared for the playoffs.

Looking at the Canucks right now...this can't happen to us in the playoffs.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not vaccinated and no bubble. I'm super scared for the playoffs.

Looking at the Canucks right now...this can't happen to us in the playoffs.
What's the situation in the state of Colorado? How soon can we expect the players to get their vaccines?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
What's the situation in the state of Colorado? How soon can we expect the players to get their vaccines?
they just allowed all those over 16 to get the vaccine a week or so ago, and now there are issues with the Johnson and Johnson vaccine causing complications, so that won't help. It's hard to schedule when you're playing every other day, and 13 of your last 18 are on the road.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO

Vaccination has been available for everyone since last Friday so I would not be at all surprised if Avs players have started getting their vaccines already or will be very soon.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, for as terrible as the US handled covid at the beginning, they seem to be the leading country for vaccination plans and rates. I heard something about vaccinating 3 million people a day right now in the states.

I think most Avs players will have been vaccinated if they want to, at least the first dose, buy the time playoffs roll around in the middle of May.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Vaccination has been available for everyone since last Friday so I would not be at all surprised if Avs players have started getting their vaccines already or will be very soon.
New York had the same thing since Tuesday, and the Rangers got their jabs on the very same day. I get it that they are on the road now, but if they are not giving them the vaccine as soon as they step out of the airplane when they return someone should be fired. Make it happen ASAP.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
Just hope this is a minor disruption and the team gets its head out of its ass and gets the team vaccinated ASAP. It's exasperating really, but I guess it's unfortunately not surprising that a hockey organization that is firing on (almost) all cylinders when it comes to hockey might be hopelessly idiotic when it comes to a matter that is only indirectly related to hockey (but can still mess up the hockey if you are going to be idiots about it).

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
they just allowed all those over 16 to get the vaccine a week or so ago, and now there are issues with the Johnson and Johnson vaccine causing complications, so that won't help. It's hard to schedule when you're playing every other day, and 13 of your last 18 are on the road.

There's no complications. It was reported yesterday those 11 cases were normal reactions and the vaccine is fine.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There's no complications. It was reported yesterday those 11 cases were normal reactions and the vaccine is fine.
Just read about it. They closed the place temporarily because a handful of people were having a normal reaction like nausea? That's some dumb shit.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
There is a significant portion of NHL players that don't want to get the vaccine...

Yeah, this is what I would be expecting as well.

I kind of get it. Especially for Professional athletes, they care an absolute tonne about what they are putting in there bodies. It's not that they're all anti-vacers or anything either, it's just a matter of being very cautious about which vaccine they are getting and wanting to know more info about its potential side effects before taking a vaccine.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I kind of get it. Especially for Professional athletes, they care an absolute tonne about what they are putting in there bodies. It's not that they're all anti-vacers or anything either, it's just a matter of being very cautious about which vaccine they are getting and wanting to know more info about its potential side effects before taking a vaccine.

This, but there are a lot of anti vaxers too :laugh:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Pro athletes also tend to be pretty dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad