Friday, 2 PM (TSN)- Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Almothegreat said:
Its not live or anything, wont it just be Bettman announcing?

It is a half hour live show. 1 pm Pacific Time.

The funny thing is, I was watching this live announcement on TSN - was very happy then switched over to Sportsnet and there was that goof Kypreos saying how bad the NHL has screwed up by not televising it. Then he says, as if he has insider info, that there is a rumor that it still might be televised but we won't know for a few days. Goof!! Typical Sportsnet reporting - always one step behind TSN.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Dark Metamorphosis said:
29th through 2nd, and then 1st/30th would be even more tense.

I think they should reveal them in an outward pattern, going from #15, to #14, to #16, to #13, and so on, making the last two revealed #1 and then #30.

It would be high drama. High, pointless drama.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Doesn't really alleviate the "fixed" complaints, if they do it the NBA way as described:

"The actual drawing is conducted by the NBA's legal department.

"Our event people do the drawing of the balls, they have a person with their back to the bin with a stopwatch that says, 'Now,' and then they draw four balls," said Frank. "That's how they make sure nobody's watching, to take away any of that suspicion, and then our lawyers are there to legitimize the decisions."

If I'm a GM, I damn well insist that *someone* from my organisation is in that room when the balls are drawn. You want to lock them in there until after everything is done, fine.

JeffW

Apr 2, 2005
Jozef Balej said:
So is it 4PM or 2PM ?????????

(Eastern Time)

:dunno:

From TSN...

The draft lottery, now a live event instead of the original idea of holding it behind closed doors, will be held around 4 p.m. EDT (TSN). Afterwards Bettman will then host another news conference.

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
It was confirmed Tuesday that the NHL draft lottery in New York will be televised Friday. But like the NBA, only the results of the draw will be shown. The actual drawing will take place away from the cameras. The original plan had been to hold the entire lottery behind closed doors during Friday's board of governors meeting, with commissioner Gary Bettman subsequently announcing the results at a news conference.

so not really

PecaFan said:
Doesn't really alleviate the "fixed" complaints, if they do it the NBA way as described:

"The actual drawing is conducted by the NBA's legal department.

"Our event people do the drawing of the balls, they have a person with their back to the bin with a stopwatch that says, 'Now,' and then they draw four balls," said Frank. "That's how they make sure nobody's watching, to take away any of that suspicion, and then our lawyers are there to legitimize the decisions."

If I'm a GM, I damn well insist that *someone* from my organisation is in that room when the balls are drawn. You want to lock them in there until after everything is done, fine.

It's already known that there will be a representative from every team there. That's simply common sense.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Doomsday Device said:
It's already known that there will be a representative from every team there. That's simply common sense.

Yes, but not with the balls. The representatives are going to be out front, where they will be surprised with the envelopes, revealing their position.

It's only going to be NHL employees out back with the ball machine.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Well, good for all the Canadians here, but us from the US are going to have to sift through a GDT-type thread with a bunch of different people posting updates.

Maybe we should have a plan now, like we designate a mod or a poster to have their own thread and update it after each pick. That would probably save some bandwidth instead of having 20-some odd people relaying the same information, and it would be easier for us US fans and fans from other countries to know what was going on.

Although, I guess the TSN website will have instant updates anyways, come to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad