Post-Game Talk: Fri., Oct. 11 2013|Coyotes 2 at Flyers 1

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Wow this is a serious wake up call for this team. I really hope we don't compound it like making a stupid trade.

If you can't beat a team on a back to back its going to be a long year for you.

Sure would be nice to have a guy like jvr to help giroux out.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
how can these peices not fit and work together this poorly ???

its unbelievable..

this team should be fantastic..i blame Lavi... somehow someway this is still his fault...

grrrr....

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Overall poor effort by the team. Rinaldo and Mez taking REALLY dumb penalties. Talbot and Coots keep turning the puck over. Giroux, Voracek, and Simmonds continue to remain invisible, Hartnell as well when he was out there.

Players who keep bringing at least a little something have come down to : Hall, Vinny, Read and Mason, which does not a hockey team make.

I'm not impressed with how much so offensive talent we have that our superstar 8mil still remains invisible and can't look anyone look good next to him, that we can't score over 2 a game, and how they just are invisible, fanning on everything and missing high and wide.

Krazed Flyer

Who are we?
Sep 22, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I just cant ****ing do it. Flyers are a laughingstock right now. There are more entitled penguins fans here than flyers and it's embarrassing to walk around in flyers gear.

What ****ing happened to our team? Was it losing lappy and pronger that did it? I have to be missing something here.

Good: Mason
Bad: puck control and scoring chances
Ugly: that ****ing ass rinaldo, I used to like him - he's a good player when he's calm... but **** man

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
In typical fashion, this board thinks the world is ending. That was the nest effort all season. They're not going to stay snake bitten forever, and the defense and goaltending has been great. The injuries suck though.

If their best effort includes 0 real goal scoring ability as well as Rosehill on the roster and hilariously stupid penalties then I'm super excited.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
4rv4.jpg

you forgot to stomp on it for good measure.

:laugh:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
At this point, Akeson should be called up. They need anything to spark the offense, finishing in particular.

FlyerSithLord

Aug 31, 2007
Tinicum
www.delvalparanormal.org
So fed up with this team and organization.

This team looks completely lost. Can't sustain any offensive pressure, power play is atrocious, defense backs out of the offensive zone way too early, no help given to each other in the corner.

As a die hard fan of this team, it's embarrassing. I use to argue with my father in law because I always felt that the Eagles were the cockiest, "shut up, I know what I'm doing" organization in the city. I don't know if I believe that anymore. How can someone be a fan of this organization and actually have faith that Snider and Holmgren can actually fix this?

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
Mason letting up 2 or less a game and he is going to be 3 below .500. this is unbelievable. the team finally has a goalie that is playing great for them right out of the gate and they have only managed to score more than 1 goal only once in 5 games(against an injured and frazzles Thomas BTW).
this is what happens when a GM builds a team with no particular vision in mind and only makes roster moves in a knee jerk fashion.

YES this team is better than they are playing. but how many goals can a team who looked at players like hartnell and simmonds and evaluated them into top line forward spots really score.
this team doesn't just need direction, they need a whole new roster. how is giroux supposed rack up the points when the only person on his line who the defense has to worry about his him?

RJ8812*

Why not call up Akeson and give him a shot. Or Raffl? We need offense and they continue to play Rosehill. Rinaldo has been good but after that game he deserves to be benched. Roll something like this:
Read-G-Jake
Hartsy-Vinny-Schenn
Raffl-Couts-Simmer
Akeson-Hall-Talbot

if our star players arent performing at all, it doesnt matter who we call up

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
It's easy to blame the lesser players on the roster but let's be real here. Our top players suck and they can't even make a simple pass or recieve one. They can't win the one on one battles. Right now Giroux is anchoring his team down the standings.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I already have zero faith in Berube's accountability generic ******** he put out upon being hired considering Rosehill was in the lineup tonight but if Rinaldo is in the lineup tomorrow then it's really obvious that it was nothing but posturing.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Luke Schenn 14 min?

What the hell is going on? Did we really just trade for a defender who can't even play 18 min a game?

I honestly do not know what is going on... he was arguably our best D last year and has looked pretty good again this year. Yet they use him like a #6.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If their best effort includes 0 real goal scoring ability as well as Rosehill on the roster and hilariously stupid penalties then I'm super excited.

Please. Chances are always going to be tight against a Tippet coached team. They had multiple odd man rushes, a penalty shot, etc. If they had any finish and weren't pressing, this game would be 4-2 win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->