WC: French team buys plane tickets to Krakow (Poland) instead of KoÅ¡ice (Slovakia)

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The agency that the French WC team hired to book them the flight for the WC in Slovakia made a mistake and instead of booking tickets to Košice in Slovakia, booked tickets to Krakow in Poland. The French are trying to change the tickets for tickets to Košice. But there is a possibility they will have to travel from Krakow to Košice by bus. (around 250km I think).

Oh, my.......:laugh:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Krakow is a gorgeous city... Since they don't really stand a chance they should just stay there and enjoy Poland :laugh:

still a funny story.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wow, it's not even like the names are close.

In French, Krakow is translittered by Cracovie, and I don't think there's a ramonisation of Kosice.

Either way.... That's funny!

EDIT : Hummm... Ramonisation, eh? Process by which every proper noun is translittered to sound like a Ramones-name, e.g., Krakow Ramone. I obviously meant Romanisation...

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
The agency that the French WC team hired to book them the flight for the WC in Slovakia made a mistake and instead of booking tickets to Košice in Slovakia, booked tickets to Krakow in Poland. The French are trying to change the tickets for tickets to Košice. But there is a possibility they will have to travel from Krakow to Košice by bus. (around 250km I think).

Professionals...

This needs some Allo' Allo' quotes:laugh:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
lol! If the french only were a little better at speaking english(in general), it would solve so many problems.. haha

Allo Allo brings back some good memories though, classic!

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Wow, it's not even like the names are close.

In French, Krakow is translittered by Cracovie, and I don't think there's a ramonisation of Kosice.

Either way.... That's funny!

EDIT : Hummm... Ramonisation, eh? Process by which every proper noun is translittered to sound like a Ramones-name, e.g., Krakow Ramone. I obviously meant Romanisation...
Cracovie is not a romanization, since the Polish name is already in latin alphabet.

Košice's traditional name in French is Cassovie, it's possible that's where the confusion came from, although unlikely seeing as the traditional name is hardly ever used anymore.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

That's bad. However, really 250 km by bus isn't a long trip. I imagine most of the French team played Juniors in North America where going 250 km between road games is a short trip. That's roughly a two hour drive, I imagine with traffic a drive from the outskirts of Paris to the centre could take 2 hours.

I also wonder if perhaps that isn't a mistake per se. I do wonder whether the French Ice Hockey Federation has the money to charter an aircraft? I would guess probably not, thus maybe that is the closest that Air France could get to Kosice?

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Offtopic but similar type story.

I was once on a plane that was flying from Boston to Phoenix, then continuing on to Ontario, CA (California). About 15 minutes after takeoff, the two businessmen behind me say 'I still can't believe how long it takes to fly from Boston to Toronto ...'

I laughed, pointed out that they were flying to Ontario, California, not Ontario, Canada, which set off a amusing flurry of sky phone calls and working with the flight attendant to try to get them on a flight from Phoenix to Toronto. Morons probably spent 12 hours on a plane for a 90 minute flight ...

NicolasH

Feb 9, 2008
Rouen (France)
That's bad. However, really 250 km by bus isn't a long trip. I imagine most of the French team played Juniors in North America where going 250 km between road games is a short trip. That's roughly a two hour drive, I imagine with traffic a drive from the outskirts of Paris to the centre could take 2 hours.

I also wonder if perhaps that isn't a mistake per se. I do wonder whether the French Ice Hockey Federation has the money to charter an aircraft? I would guess probably not, thus maybe that is the closest that Air France could get to Kosice?

I don't think they will charter an aircraft. The bus will be fine, french players are used to it, they allways travel by bus in the french championship and they have road games with way more than 250km to do.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I don't think they will charter an aircraft. The bus will be fine, french players are used to it, they allways travel by bus in the french championship and they have road games with way more than 250km to do.

Yeah. The bus is a great place for a team to bond. They'll probably have the best first two periods out of any team in the whole tournament.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Well, it´s not a long trip, but you obviously haven´t seen our roads.....;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad