Free Center Ice Preview

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
thanks for the heads up. Looks like Comcast finally added another HD channel for a total of 2 HD channels. Would prefer all the games be in HD before paying for the service though. This is 2014. It's a joke that they don't have all or at least a majority of the games in HD.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The Center Ice free preview on Verizon FiOS doesn't include the HD feeds - just SD.

(If I'm mistaken, TELL ME! 1466-1467 is the blocked HD feed. 1475-1476 is the SD feed, which works.)

Still not even THINKING about Comcast. This would be one of the few out of market games I'd be interested in watching. I can suffer through the SD for 150 minutes.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The Center Ice free preview on Verizon FiOS doesn't include the HD feeds - just SD.

(If I'm mistaken, TELL ME! 1466-1467 is the blocked HD feed. 1475-1476 is the SD feed, which works.)

Still not even THINKING about Comcast. This would be one of the few out of market games I'd be interested in watching. I can suffer through the SD for 150 minutes.

SD = Standard Digital?

And believe me, if I didn't share the cable bill with four others, I'd cut the bloody cord myself.

And if you live in MA, or the US, blame effing effhead Ed Markey for bringing you the Telecommunications Act of 1996, with its promise of "competition." Now, it's either Comcast or Fios. My cable bill was $26 a month back then.

And no, I'm not voting for Charlie Baker!

End rant.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
SD = Standard Digital?

Standard definition - all TV's digital nowadays, methinks.

Watched the replay of the game last night so I could see it in its entirety. Wow. Boychuk looked good. I'm wondering if this trade is going to come and bite us in the rear, especially on the power play.

Anyone know how long the Center Ice preview lasts?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Standard definition - all TV's digital nowadays, methinks.

Watched the replay of the game last night so I could see it in its entirety. Wow. Boychuk looked good. I'm wondering if this trade is going to come and bite us in the rear, especially on the power play.

Anyone know how long the Center Ice preview lasts?

Not sure but one of the replies here believes it's till 10/25, so that's a good bit of time.

It was painful to see JB55 contribute so quickly for the Isles. I'm happy for him, but insult to injury. :(

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Not sure but one of the replies here believes it's till 10/25, so that's a good bit of time.

It was painful to see JB55 contribute so quickly for the Isles. I'm happy for him, but insult to injury. :(

That's good - I might follow Iggy and JB the next couple of weeks. I think there's a second preview typically after the all star break.

Agreed about the pain and pleasure of watching JB succeed. Chanting "I told you so" doesn't have the same ring to it as "We want the cup".

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That's good - I might follow Iggy and JB the next couple of weeks. I think there's a second preview typically after the all star break.

Agreed about the pain and pleasure of watching JB succeed. Chanting "I told you so" doesn't have the same ring to it as "We want the cup".

I keep saying it in other threads, so forgive: I gather this was the best deal available in terms of return, but in essence this appears to be punting the '14-'15 season away. Even if the Bruins have gained flexibility in dealing for right wing help this season, they've simultaneously weakened themselves at the 3 D position. Which means they're going to have to chase that kind of help, which won't be as good and will likely cost an arm and a leg. It makes no sense from the perspective of this season. Unless, again, '14-'15 is a "punt year." Not a good message to send to your best players, who aren't getting any younger, or your fans, who hate the deal with a passion. It's depressing. I hope I'm wrong...

icyblue

Sep 21, 2005
Anyone know what in the **** is FX Canada? And why the hell is it carrying the Bruins Capital game tonight? I paid for Centre Ice but I can't even watch the game since I don't subscribe to FX Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad