Free Agents and Trade Thread - Training camp edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hoping we get to see Dermott get a chance beside Rielly very soon. Could turn into our own home-grown (and cheaper) version of Brodie.

He may get some shifts with Rielly after a PK, if they don't put Rielly and Barrie out together to go for major offense. However, if they are really pumping out Rielly and Muzzin as the top 2 LD, he may be splitting the rotation with Barrie, Ceci and Holl as RD partners.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
Barabanaov and Lehtonen should be pencilled into the starting lineup. I will be shocked if both don't crack the lineup. These two had their pick of teams and according to any one with reasonable knowledge of them... they are NHLers.

Pretty sure I’ve read he was the best defenceman in the KHL recently. ‘I’d assume he will be at least our bottom pair d-man.

Mo, Muzzin, Sandin - Dermott, Holl, Lehtonen

That’d be my guess as to what they’d try in some combination. If they went that route then I’m positive they would try and sign a Spezza like 7th cause Marincin is horrid and Lil should be playing big minutes.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You're more optimistic than I am that Ceci is going to be able to handle top pairing.
The beauty thing is that Muzzin-Holl will take top pairing matchups. So Ceci just has to be top 4 quality, which he is more often than people give him credit for.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I don't know if Dubas can get this done, but if the rumour is true that Pieterangelo wants to come home, we absolutely must do so and trade Mitch or Willy for cap. We need a 25 mpg dominant dman that can qb the game more than anything.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't know if Dubas can get this done, but if the rumour is true that Pieterangelo wants to come home, we absolutely must do so and trade Mitch or Willy for cap. We need a 25 mpg dominant dman that can qb the game more than anything.
What rumour?

Reactions: supermann_98

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
What rumour?

If you google "pietrangelo leafs" you will find a few articles and interviews tying him to the Leafs. Bob Mckenzie has also mentioned that he might find himself on the Leafs next year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If you google "pietrangelo leafs" you will find a few articles and interviews tying him to the Leafs. Bob Mckenzie has also mentioned that he might find himself on the Leafs next year.
Thanks. I thought maybe there was something new reported.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks. I thought maybe there was something new reported.
Don’t want to bring my hopes up but the only way Pietra to Leafs this off season is Leafs trading Marner away as I don’t think Pietra will come under 8mil.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
What's the most we should be offering Pietrangelo? 8.75? Times have changed so we shouldn't be offering 10 million.

best situation possible If we lost to Columbus would be winning the first overall and signing Pietrangelo to 8.75.

Trade Marner, Nylander and Johnsson for lots of prospects and draft picks and a lower salary good two way forward.
The expansion draft messes us up if we decided to get another decent dman on a longer than 1 year contract.

Lafreniere Matthews Hyman
Robertson Tavares Mik
Barabanov Kerfoot Kapanen
Clifford Spezza Engvall

Rielly Pietrangelo
Muzzin (1 year contract Dman)
Dermott Holl
Lehtonen

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Here is a great offseason for the Leafs.

Win the lottery and select Lafreniere

Trade Marner to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk and the 5th overall. Then draft Jamie Drysdale

Take the 10.9 million in cap savings and sign Pietrangelo for 5 years at 7.5 million a year. The leftover of the cap savings from Marner minus Pietrangelo signing is about 3.4 million which should be able to get Soupy signed and Spezza.

Sign Dermott 2 million for 3 years and you probably still have some money left over.

So yeah you lose Marner but gain Tkachuk who brings a different element to the team and still is a good offensive player. You also gain Pietrangelo plus create a bit cap room to sign players you need.

Even if they didn't win the draft lottery I would still do the rest.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

Trade Marner to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk and the 5th overall. Then draft Jamie Drysdale

Take the 10.9 million in cap savings and sign Pietrangelo for 5 years at 7.5 million a year. The leftover of the cap savings from Marner minus Pietrangelo signing is about 3.4 million which should be able to get Soupy signed and Spezza.

Sign Dermott 2 million for 3 years and you probably still have some money left over.

So yeah you lose Marner but gain Tkachuk who brings a different element to the team and still is a good offensive player. You also gain Pietrangelo plus create a bit cap room to sign players you need.

Ottawa laughs and laughs--a guy you don't want, a huge cap hit gone and you get cheap star players. Nice to dream.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Marner and his cap hit << BT and 5OA IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad