Free Agents and Trade Thread - Post Deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don't agree with the Liljegren/Sandin comment but pretty much that is what i'm hoping for. Ideally we could swap out Holl for a better D as well.
Watching these two along with the current setup of the Leafs. I don’t think it is good for their development having they play on the Leafs without a vet playing next to them.
Sandin needs to be stronger and stop making suicide passes, TL is solid but I think playing 20plus mins a night is better than 14mins a night.
Ofcourse that’s my opinion at this moment, things could change if they continue to develop. I just don’t want the Leafs to waste their development. I look at Carlo and McAvoy and think Dermott, Sandin and TL are not far off but the diff is having vet partnership.
Look at Dermott, his best games were paired with Hainsey. His partner was Oz, Rosen, Holl and Sandin. In short, in all the games he played I think only a small portion of them was with someone who had more NHL exp than him. That’s not how you develop your young Dman.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This.

So much this.

Barrie was never what this team needed and we wasted a prime asset in Kadri, and now to continue the comedy of errors we kept him so we get nothing.

..... and we also gave up our 3rd in that trade as well, so we have no 1st rounder and no 3rd in what is acknowledged as a deeper than usual draft.

Even if we barely get into the playoffs, who are we beating? Tampa? Boston? Carolina? Washington? Pittsburgh? All of those teams were better than us pre-deadline, and they all improved after. What did we do to improve? Malgin? Wow!

I honestly think the best thing that can happen is we miss the playoffs and our no effort darlings can suck on it all summer..... but I think they will be too busy golfing and at the cottage to really feel the full effects....

.... but I’m not bitter. :)

Actually, it has been acknowledged by anyone who has looked at the draft closely that is average at best once you get out of the top 10. We'll get a decent prospect with our 2nd. Would have got another one with our 1st. Our 3rd is likely no better than what we will get with our 4ths, and then we'll have a bunch of picks late that we should really start allocating to other years.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 6.58.37 PM.png

A. Johnsson, T. Dermott & 2nd 2021
for
J. Manson & NSH 4th

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I wonder if Johnsson is out for the rest of the year anyways if we can move him now to a non-playoff team. Buffalo comes to mind since they were stupid enough to be buyers at the deadline.

Johnsson to Buffalo for a 1st (lottery protected) and a 4th.

Then you can extend Barrie and protect the asset. If a big fish shakes loose between the draft and July 1st you can move both him and Muzzin if need be.

I know people hate Barrie, but it would be pointless to lose him for nothing July 1st.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I wonder if Johnsson is out for the rest of the year anyways if we can move him now to a non-playoff team. Buffalo comes to mind since they were stupid enough to be buyers at the deadline.

Johnsson to Buffalo for a 1st (lottery protected) and a 4th.

Then you can extend Barrie and protect the asset. If a big fish shakes loose between the draft and July 1st you can move both him and Muzzin if need be.

I know people hate Barrie, but it would be pointless to lose him for nothing July 1st.

AJ isnt worth that much

Reactions: ChuckWoods

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’d like to see another Zach Hyman for the left wing on the top two lines.

Micheyev on the 3rd, and Engvall on the 4th.

And a Jake Muzzin clone on the right side.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Is and was better than Kadri? Shit man have you watched hockey?

If Barrie was good at anything, he would have had better offers than a 3rd rounder.

Nobody cares about a guy who puts up secondary assists on the PP
kadri blows

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I felt like our top 6 was buzzing the most when Hyman and Soup were the top 6 LW.

Which is why Johnsson would be my first cab off the rank trade wise

Dermott is somebody else I'd be willing to listen on if were looking to add value to a trade package as well

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I felt like our top 6 was buzzing the most when Hyman and Soup were the top 6 LW.

Yeah I mean if we keep the big 4, Hyman and Mikheyev are the two I would have to round off the top 6. That's a really good top 6. Mikheyev is not Hyman level when it comes to digging for pucks, but he's still a good complimentary player in our top 6.

Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen would be my 3rd line. I think that's a good 3rd line, assuming we can trade Johnsson in a package for a top 4 RD. Otherwise, if we keep Johnsson over Kerfoot, then we may need to have Engvall on the 4th line and find a new 3C somewhere else.

We do have internal options for our 4th line though. Spezza may return for cheap, but we also have Malgin, Korshkov, Brooks and Gauthier as good 4th line options, plus Agostino, Petan, Kossila and Aberg (RFA who should be re-signed) as insurance policies on the Marlies.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Here’s a rhetorical question:
Tyson Barrie offers to agree to a one-year deal for reasonable money. Say, 5 mil. Says he wants to be a part of the solution, willing to take one for his team. Kicker is: no-movement clause.
Who’s in?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Tyson Barrie offers to agree to a one-year deal for reasonable money. Say, 5 mil. Says he wants to be a part of the solution, willing to take one for his team. Kicker is: no-movement clause.
Who’s in?

I'd consider it.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Yeah I mean if we keep the big 4, Hyman and Mikheyev are the two I would have to round off the top 6. That's a really good top 6. Mikheyev is not Hyman level when it comes to digging for pucks, but he's still a good complimentary player in our top 6.

Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen would be my 3rd line. I think that's a good 3rd line, assuming we can trade Johnsson in a package for a top 4 RD. Otherwise, if we keep Johnsson over Kerfoot, then we may need to have Engvall on the 4th line and find a new 3C somewhere else.

We do have internal options for our 4th line though. Spezza may return for cheap, but we also have Malgin, Korshkov, Brooks and Gauthier as good 4th line options, plus Agostino, Petan, Kossila and Aberg (RFA who should be re-signed) as insurance policies on the Marlies.

I would want to change the bottom 6 a lot. Kapanen is a huge trade chip for the RHD we seek and Kerfoot is just flat out of zero interest to me because I would prefer to get a 2-way C that can be used in match ups and pk situations. Tierney or Faksa are my top choices by far.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Getting rid of that useless dman Barrie and bringing in that top 4 Barrie at the deadline doing good so far..

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Which is why Johnsson would be my first cab off the rank trade wise

Dermott is somebody else I'd be willing to listen on if were looking to add value to a trade package as well
AJ is as good as gone and I would dangle Kerfoot too.
I think AJ and Kerfoot are enough for someone like Manson or even Dumba. Maybe not a direct 2 for 1 trade but the assets AJ and Kerfoot bring are good enough for those two Dmen.
Dermott is interesting, would be a good trade if another Dman-same age is returning our way.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Who’s in?

He looks awful at 2.75

Why would we double that?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
So Joe Thornton is upset now that he wasn't moved at the deadline to a contender? The guy probably didn't want to go anywhere the last several years Wilson wanted to move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad