Ontariariario
128650386_8720142942_b.jpg

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Off season
Marner Dermott for Parayko Thomas
Or
Marner Dermott for Hanifin Gaudreau

I like the idea of obtaining Parayko, but what Pietrangelo does, is the key there. If he does't resign with St. Louis, no chance Parayko is moved... of course, if Pietrangelo goes to UFA, we should probably attempt to sign him, even though it would be difficult with our cap... obviously possible, but we'd have to make significant moves.

If St. Louis is moving Parayko, chances are there number one need will be LHD. I think a Parayko for Reilly deal would interest them, under such a scenario.

I don't think adding Hanifin/Gaudreau fixes our problems.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Barrie needed to go. Its the first major decision that I really diagree with under Dubas.

Part of me agrees with you 100%, the other part of me understands the decision to keep him.

I really really hope it pays off. It's the only way you can truly judge this --- in hindsight.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think ultimately the return would have been better then that if they'd done it. I think they made the decision to keep him regardless

It's always difficult to know the truth. If it was a second, or Stecher as the offers, we made the right move. If a first and prospect were on the table, and we didn't accept that, it was the wrong move... we will never know the truth/facts, and without facts, we are just speculating on innuendo.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Bruce Arthur ripping Dubas on TSN for not having an answer to the question asking what is wrong with this team. Dubas simply said he didn’t know.

Bruce goes on saying it’s clear what is wrong with this team, they don’t compete.

Bruce has a point

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafsRus

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Part of me wishes we could have used that acquire pick, or another pick, to acquire Forbort as a way to bolster the depth while Rielly and Ceci are injured. Pending UFA, I know, but I think he's a whole lot better than Marincin and an upgrade defensively on Sandin right now.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I feel if Andersen can find his game again then playoffs should be obtainable and maybe we can go on a run. If he doesn’t no amount of trades or players coming back will help. Andersen is the key to our success, or failure.

I doubt there were any trades available for Barrie that improved the team or I’d assume Dubas would have done it. Making the playoffs was really the only option we have because there’s no first round pick.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Part of me wishes we could have used that acquire pick, or another pick, to acquire Forbort as a way to bolster the depth while Rielly and Ceci are injured. Pending UFA, I know, but I think he's a whole lot better than Marincin and an upgrade defensively on Sandin right now.

Maybe they feel like Ceci and Rielly are really close to returning, and would rather just keep the course with what they have (or use Rosen). I mean if Forbort is out of the lineup after 5 games, I don't think he makes enough of a difference to justify the cost.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Sandin is fine defensively. Barrie just makes him look worse than he is.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Maybe they feel like Ceci and Rielly are really close to returning, and would rather just keep the course with what they have (or use Rosen). I mean if Forbort is out of the lineup after 5 games, I don't think he makes enough of a difference to justify the cost.

It just gives you better insurance. Dermott hasn't really thrived this season in his consistency either. It would have allowed the Leafs to return Sandin or Liljegren to the Marlies as well.

It's not a big deal, but it was one I was hoping the Leafs could somehow pull off because I think he has some interesting underlying numbers.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Part of me agrees with you 100%, the other part of me understands the decision to keep him.

I really really hope it pays off. It's the only way you can truly judge this --- in hindsight.

I don't like the thinking behind it

We've let pending UFA'S walk for years now and when you start adding up how much value we've left on the table it adds up

I don't think just making the playoffs is good enough either, they better make it and look like a genuine cup chance to make this worth it imo

Reactions: LeafsRus

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Bruce Garrioch ripping Dubas on TSN for not having an answer to the question asking what is wrong with this team. Dubas simply said he didn’t know.

Bruce goes on saying it’s clear what is wrong with this team, they don’t compete.

Bruce has a point

is that the giant fat guy who is Ottawa’s beat guy? I’d listen to his thoughts on compete at the buffet

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
The Vegas deal is an interesting way to use the LTIR space, the pick is what it is.

Perhaps the favour for Vegas could mean a better than average return for Barrie's rights in the summer.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The Vegas deal is an interesting way to use the LTIR space, the pick is what it is.

Perhaps the favour for Vegas could mean a better than average return for Barrie's rights in the summer.

get those hopes down. We kept Barrie obviously because the return wasn’t good enough I think a lot of poster here need to get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad