free agents and gmjn strategy/thought process?

aloonda*

this might be a little early
but
it looks like we may have a huge amount of cap space next year

what path?

1. another batch of one year older vets--to then trade off for picks and middling prospects?

or

2. longer term-free agents that fit into whatever system the next coach has?

what should be the route?

should there be another route?

this might just be an identity of the organization thread----I know this, I really liked watching the kings and wild play the last few nights. I wish the stars had some big bruisers like that that played hard with some skill.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
2 top 4 defensemen, like Scuderi/Regehr/Leopold. 1 2/3C Bozak/Weiss.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
2 top 4 D? Leopold?

Yeah right.

Joe will go after Bozak and Weiss. Hopefully pick up some bad contracts like Jokinen or Komisarek to fill holes on the bottom pair to create some actual stability and third line to get rid of these kids who can't produce or play defense at the NHL level.

aloonda*

while we are at this

I would say the strength and conditioning guy probably needs to be gone as well
we don't seem very strong or well conditioned at times. Our mental focus needs some major work as well. something like Brian Cain type mental focus coaching would seriously be helpful.

aloonda*

Hope Joe is gone and replaced by someone not named gainey

lol, I guess the mods can change the title of the thread as needed.

What's the over under on when gmjn and gully are gone? I am not saying they need to be, but the vibe is certainly there for it to happen.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I doubt Gully's option will be picked up, but he'll ride out the season. GMJN will get one more year.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I'm personally hoping for this-

1. Gully walks
2. Promote Willie to NHL
3. Sign Streit, Raymond, and Bozak.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
2 top 4 D? Leopold?

Yeah right.

Joe will go after Bozak and Weiss. Hopefully pick up some bad contracts like Jokinen or Komisarek to fill holes on the bottom pair to create some actual stability and third line to get rid of these kids who can't produce or play defense at the NHL level.

Somebody who is better than Oleksiak/Nemeth/Morrow etc. Times 2.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think they'll try to find someone's cap casualty. Would love to take a chance on B. Campbell. Who cares that he's over paid, Dallas has plenty of room and he makes Robidas and Daley expendable.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
I think they'll try to find someone's cap casualty. Would love to take a chance on B. Campbell. Who cares that he's over paid, Dallas has plenty of room and he makes Robidas and Daley expendable.

I'd like Brian Campbell in Dallas, but I don't see Florida moving him unless someone overpays. He plays a ton of solid minutes for Florida and they're not in cap trouble. Plus he's one of Tallon's players, so I don't see much incentive for Florida to trade him.

aloonda*

any other thoughts on just the general direction of this club?

identity? I want big physical people to beat up on folks

Sports

Jul 12, 2011

I'd like to see...

Hard working.
Disciplined.
No "enforcers", but players who will stick up for their teammates.

I wouldn't care if they never scored a goal.
I'd much rather watch a team like that through the rebuild that actually cared and put out effort than what weve seen the last few seasons.

aloonda*

I like sense of urgency guys for sure
don't have to be goons
but guys that will by physical in the sense that they will fight violently for the puck and to control space

aloonda*

maybe this should be the

what kind of team does gagliardi want?

thread?

obviously a stanley cup champ team is what he would want

but identity to get there?

ready?

go

explain to me how/why/what gags will want in the way to get the cup?

MetalGodAOD*

but identity to get there?

ready?

go

explain to me how/why/what gags will want in the way to get the cup?

No offense, but how the hell should we know? All we can do is go off quotes and moves and deduct from there. Your post comes off like a homework project request.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006

If the drafting is any indication, then you'll eventually get what you want inregards to being big and physical.

aloonda*

No offense, but how the hell should we know? All we can do is go off quotes and moves and deduct from there. Your post comes off like a homework project request.

I don't know. That's why I asked.
Gagiardi just looks like a guy that would want a big physical team. Steak and eggs eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->