GDT: Free Agent Friend-Z Part III - Moore please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I believe Zuccarello can still be signed before his arbitration hearing. Any word on when that's happening?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
What happens if he's not signed? What is the result of arbitration?

He's assessed by a third party as to what his fair value is. The arbitrator rules on a one year salary, and the Rangers can choose to accept or reject it. If the Rangers reject, he becomes a UFA and the Rangers cannot sign him.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
He's assessed by a third party as to what his fair value is. The arbitrator rules on a one year salary, and the Rangers can choose to accept or reject it. If the Rangers reject, he becomes a UFA and the Rangers cannot sign him.

actually...in the new cba it has been reported that a team cannot reject it if the awarded amount is less than 3 or 3.5 million (I can't remember which),which it will be less than both those. So he will be a ranger this season unless traded.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
actually...in the new cba it has been reported that a team cannot reject it if the awarded amount is less than 3 or 3.5 million (I can't remember which),which it will be less than both those. So he will be a ranger this season unless traded.

Hmm, interesting, a deal better get done soon if they don't want to overpay by a crucial few hundred thousand on the cap. Thanks!

member 116805

The number is 3.5 million

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
for the Rangers sake, I hope he becomes the great player you guys are pegging as, however consider me as very skeptical on his upside and style of play. Just not a fan. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm trying to remember if you were voted "most opinionated".

I offer :clap::cheers: for standing by the courage of your convictions.

However,

I offer :handclap::yo::5::cheers::cheers::thumbu::thumbu::handclap::yo::cheers::cheers: for hoping your opinion is actually wrong, for the benefit of our team. :D;)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Package deal: Bourque, Pyatt and a 6th
to Wini Jets
for rights to Postma, Burmistrov.

Don't believe any Burmi cap $ to carry over now.
Postma possibly on outs but as righty D for PP may be useful here.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Package deal: Bourque, Pyatt and a 6th
to Wini Jets
for rights to Postma, Burmistrov.

Don't believe any Burmi cap $ to carry over now.
Postma possibly on outs but as righty D for PP may be useful here.

Or better yet, Pyatt for Postma and we keep Bourque and our 6th. Burmistrov won't be playing in the NHL again for a while, if ever. The jets aren't going to trade his rights for cheap because they don't need to. They are better off holding onto him and hoping he does well in the KHL and can raise his value.

SupersonicMonkey*

Not sure why the Jets would trade Postma for Pyatt.

But, I'd love to add Postma. He could be a huge asset on the Power Play.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I'm not sure either, but someone offered him up in my Pyatt proposal the other day.

CapainCallyClutch

Jul 12, 2013
NYC

Im not sure that the Rangers will add anymore defensemen... After signing Falk we already have 8 under contract. Not saying that I dislike Postma, but idk if we have space.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Or better yet, Pyatt for Postma and we keep Bourque and our 6th. Burmistrov won't be playing in the NHL again for a while, if ever. The jets aren't going to trade his rights for cheap because they don't need to. They are better off holding onto him and hoping he does well in the KHL and can raise his value.

That had been the idea.
Fair enough.
Agree there is no pressing need.
I was hoping they might just be ok to be done and over with it, but when you're right, you're right, they are not obliged to by any means.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
So this is pretty much what we got now?

FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derek Stepan ($3.500m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.500m)
Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m) / John Moore ($0.965m)
Justin Falk ($0.975m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

OTHER
Buried: Arron Asham ($0.075m)
Buried: Darroll Powe ($0.142m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $64,281,667
BONUSES: $762,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $780,833

What about trading Pyatt for a pick, signing Vinny P for an incentive laden contract of around $2M (1 + 1) and calling up one of Asham/Mashinter/Haley plus a camp standout kid to start the year when Cally and Hagelin are out? That would be a deep roster IMO... A bit soft, but my ole buddy Ulf will get the boys riled up...

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That third line is soft as baby **** and would get shredded in the defensive zone. I'd endorse switching Zucc with Callahan.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
For years, our bottom six has been the problem. Adding Moore and Pouliot has fixed most of that, although it remains to be seen if this fixes everything. A lot will depend on Kreider breaking out and Hagelin and Callahan showing more than just defensive skills.

I am excited about this season!!!

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
That third line is soft as baby **** and would get shredded in the defensive zone. I'd endorse switching Zucc with Callahan.

Was not really putting together lines correctly, but you are right that that line looks a bit soft... We need Kreider to play a more physical overall game. We need another Clowe type player on the roster, but there was of course none to be found. We may also need a legit heavyweight - only as a #14 spare guy- if things get really nasty, which they very much might if we are bullied around too much with our light roster. Sather has a pretty dismal track record here as we know, but there will be possibilities here and there throughout the season (only IF it gets necessary) through minor trades or waivers

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Heavies for games against the Flyers and Islanders can be had for nothing on the waiver wire. Dorsett is our guy to drop the gloves, but he can play too, would rather he stay away from it. Haley can always be called up too. Both guys are crazy.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
So this is pretty much what we got now?

FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derek Stepan ($3.500m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.500m)
Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m) / John Moore ($0.965m)
Justin Falk ($0.975m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

OTHER
Buried: Arron Asham ($0.075m)
Buried: Darroll Powe ($0.142m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $64,281,667
BONUSES: $762,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $780,833

What about trading Pyatt for a pick, signing Vinny P for an incentive laden contract of around $2M (1 + 1) and calling up one of Asham/Mashinter/Haley plus a camp standout kid to start the year when Cally and Hagelin are out? That would be a deep roster IMO... A bit soft, but my ole buddy Ulf will get the boys riled up...

I think your projections are 750 k low which brings us to 30 k cap space. Agree with a Pyatt mov e and bring up Haley.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I think your projections are 750 k low which brings us to 30 k cap space. Agree with a Pyatt mov e and bring up Haley.

The Bonus cushion is what separates these numbers
And it can and will be used
Richards will be a compliance buyout next year
The cap will go up to between 68 to 71M
Everybody gets resigned
So I do believe my numbers are on the money.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
For years, our bottom six has been the problem. Adding Moore and Pouliot has fixed most of that, although it remains to be seen if this fixes everything. A lot will depend on Kreider breaking out and Hagelin and Callahan showing more than just defensive skills.

I am excited about this season!!!

See, I feel that scoring goals (especially the PP) have been the problem for years.

We've done absolutely ziltch to address that issue. Not that we could've really, with no space and no assets worth (or that we'd want) to trade.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
See, I feel that scoring goals (especially the PP) have been the problem for years.

We've done absolutely ziltch to address that issue. Not that we could've really, with no space and no assets worth (or that we'd want) to trade.

Replacing Asham and Powe with Moore and Pouliot won't help us score more?

We don't need to add a 30 goal scorer to improve scoring.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Replacing Asham and Powe with Moore and Pouliot won't help us score more?

We don't need to add a 30 goal scorer to improve scoring.

I dunno.

Maybe?

Can u say it will for sure?

Will it help the PP?

Nah, we don't need to add a 30 goal scorer to improve scoring, but it sure would help! lol

Honestly, if we're gonna score by committee, fine. I'm all for it. Time will tell I suppose if it's an improvement.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I just dropped Postma in my keeper league :laugh:

I have good young D on that squad though, there was really no space. Rundblad, DZ, Suter, DeKeyser, and Erixon, with Reinhart waiting on my farm team :yo:

I think the organization is pretty clearly banking hard on depth wins championships. But what they seem to be banking even harder on is that under AV, Chris Kreider will be an everyday top-6 player. I think this team will live and die by CK's performance this season. Well, that's a bit of a stretch, because thanks to the new depth, we can find a top-6 winger out there via trade if we need to. I only say this because it's pretty clear the Rangers aren't trying to add top-6 talent via FA.

I'm okay with Kreider starting in the top-6, and hopefully, earning those minutes and staying there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad