GDT: Free Agent Frenzy | The Madness Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
no thanks on the wager, I hope Nylander lights it up as much as anyone, but he'll have to play like last year's WC Nylander not NHL Nylander. Here's hoping that can happen.
Fair enough. I have no issues when you reasonably critique a guy. But you've been on a rampage saying hes trash. That's all I was trying to get towards. But yes man, here's to hoping he lights it up for our leafs.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
Fair enough. I have no issues when you reasonably critique a guy. But you've been on a rampage saying hes trash. That's all I was trying to get towards. But yes man, here's to hoping he lights it up for our leafs.
WC and the nhl are totally different just look at how many points Marincin put up .. there is no body contact in wc I think nylander at best is a 40-50 point player

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
This is pretty much a good chunk of why many here feel the Matthews deal was an overpay

Because putting a sniper C with two snipers (one with well under average passing) doesn't work?

It's not weird for players to be better with playmakers. Especially play driving ones.

Matthews is elite without him. Guys the 2nd best ES player in the league with him.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
WC and the nhl are totally different just look at how many points Marincin put up .. there is no body contact in wc I think nylander at best is a 40-50 point player
Thats a pretty poor statement considering william put up 60 in his first two seasons.

Reactions: kb

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Because putting a sniper C with two snipers (one with well under average passing) doesn't work?

It's not weird for players to be better with playmakers. Especially play driving ones.

Matthews is elite without him. Guys the 2nd best ES player in the league with him.

Considering increased scoring due in part to League rule changes, it would seem that if Matthews sits at about 110pts a season and is in the top 3-5 players routinely, he will be earning his contract. If he is a sub 100 pts player it would be a colossal failure.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yea but you tell me which team was going to take on Zaitsev contract if there was I’m sure Dubas would of done that.
I'm not complaining just staing that Ceci isn't worth 4.5 imo. If the option to have let him go to arbitration and walk away was possible I'd have preferred that, but I'm not sure if that was possible?

member 300185

Mikhayev (?) is definitely not a 4th line type of player.

Bottom 6 more like this:

Mikhayev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Marchment/Engvall - Spezza - Moore
Mikheyev is likely Hymans replacement. Hyman won't be back until late December, early January.
Mikheyev is going to surprise a lot of fans. He is a helluva hockey player and has the smarts to go with it. He will be extended for sure. I see him getting between 50 and 55 points.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
he played like trash last year, I don't know how anyone could honestly spin it any other way. Hoping for better days ahead.........

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Yea before he got labeled and got a concussion now he won’t even go into the corners of the ice to fight for a loose puck
He was just fine as he started getting the feel back after his first 20 games played. And he is one of our best board guys so I realllly don't understand your point. The kid will be an offensive dynamo in the league and wouldn't put it past him to be like breadman at his peak.

Reactions: kb

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
All I know leafs need grit and Ferland is still out there I would sign him for 2 years and put him on a line with Moore - kerfoot- Ferland

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
he played like trash last year, I don't know how anyone could honestly spin it any other way. Hoping for better days ahead.........
Advanced stats say otherwise after the first 20 games but hey.... Don't let facts get in the way of the truth

member 300185

Every good sniper needs a good spotter.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
He was just fine as he started getting the feel back after his first 20 games played. And he is one of our best board guys so I realllly don't understand your point. The kid will be an offensive dynamo in the league and wouldn't put it past him to be like breadman at his peak.
All I’m saying it’s a gamble with nylander if again he does crap this year and only gets 40 points 20/20 leafs are screwed with his 6.9 mill I would rather use that on a top d-man

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Considering increased scoring due in part to League rule changes, it would seem that if Matthews sits at about 110pts a season and is in the top 3-5 players routinely, he will be earning his contract. If he is a sub 100 pts player it would be a colossal failure.

Lol no it wouldn't. Matthews just needs to keep improving, which I find it hard to believe he won't. Guys already lead the league in ES goals since he's been in it (and missed like 30 games).

Give him Nylander and weirdly enough Matthews goes into "arguably best player in the NHL mode" we saw it last season when Babs finally put them together.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
Mikheyev is likely Hymans replacement. Hyman won't be back until late December, early January.
Mikheyev is going to surprise a lot of fans. He is a helluva hockey player and has the smarts to go with it. He will be extended for sure. I see him getting between 50 and 55 points.
Yea only if he plays on the top line with Mathews or Tavares what do u do with nylander then ? When hyman come back .. can’t have all the eggs in the same basket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad