Speculation: Free Agent Frenzy Part III - Will EK stay or will EK go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Still cant believe we got blueballed so hard on that trade last night. Dorion must be in desperation mode trying to leak shit and make people panic

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Got quoted a bunch in the old thread and found its as closed after I wrote my response.

Point about Kucherov being he blew it in the most important game for his team in a long while. Yeah, it's one game but the guy is 100 point forward playing next to a 80-90 point forward and he managed 3 SOG and nothing else in a huge game with a ton of pressure. Yes, his playoff PPG overall is quite good. Does anyone know or can we find his performances for elimination games specifically?

As for comparing him to Hank, Hank has single handedly won many elimination games. And there's literally no comparison to him and Gretzky as was implied, Gretzky has 4 cups and 2 Conn Smythes while Kucherov has none of either.

He's obviously a great player but he was invisible in a big pressure situation and that doesn't bode well for TB as Stamkos has had the same issue repeatedly.

As for the point about I would have said Washington wouldn't win too, yeah maybe. And that would have been right. They just won their first one with OV at 32 years old.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
My bit of sympathy for Dorian is that he might be the most hamstrung GM in the league with what his owner will let him do
I have no sympathy. He tried to build a team through getting big name guys like brassard and duchene instead of sticking with his guys, who not for nothing were better. He lost a shit ton of assets and went from a team on the verge of contending looking up to a dumpster fire rebuilding in the matter of 2 years.

Duchene was better as the year went in but the cost for that little of an upgrade was horrible. Imagine if they kept Mika too. And didn’t throw a 2nd at us for no reason. And the Bobby Ryan contract, sometimes you tie your own noose

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Did gorton screw this up is the question

He better not be taking those contracts back unless For anything short of a homerun. Ryan especially that is a disaster.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

He better not be taking those contracts back unless For anything short of a homerun. Ryan especially that is a disaster.
I don’t understand why Ottawa wants to move the ryan deal if they’re rebuilding anyway. He’s a fat deal to keep on the books so you can hit the floor easily without giving out more contracts

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t understand why Ottawa wants to move the ryan deal if they’re rebuilding anyway. He’s a fat deal to keep on the books so you can hit the floor easily without giving out more contracts

It’s a good point you raised. That’s why I thought a package around Hayes and skjei would be ideal for them. Prospects and picks don’t even get them back to cap floor if they move Karlsson and Ryan out

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Another reason the Rangers should have no incentive to be involved.

Reactions: Machinehead

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Bobby Ryan is a no go and I’m not a fan of Cally coming back unless we are getting something very substantial. Let him spend time on the Devils IR list for 5.8x2.

Reactions: haveandare

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
We don’t have as much cap space as everyone thinks, once we are done signing RFAs assuming no one exits - full roster - maybe we have 5 mil. 2 mil is optimal, so really we’re only 3 mil over with Staal and Smith issues in 2 years.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It wouldnt inhibit them so
It might. You dont know how their budget is laid out; not that I do either. Also I'd rather have the 5.8m than Ryan Callahan. That's almost 6m that you wont be able to use elsewhere. Its a waste, especially when you know you can get talent via FA. I can get a bottom six get for closer to the minimum than 6m.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It looks like EK is leaving, and no surprise since Ottawa is obviously aiming for a new rebuild attempt. Ottawa and Rangers are almost in the same boat with just start of a new rebuild, and hence why we should not try to sign EK when he become a free agent. But I`m certain their GM would like assets in return for EK hence why they try to sign him, but EK refused his latest contract offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad