Speculation: Free Agent Frenzy Part II - Who is left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Did you see his game 7 disappearing act?

Yeah, he had a bad game. 1 bad game. Remember when Lundqvist had a bad game 2 and 3 vs Tampa in 2015 and people blamed the offense for not scoring enough? Sometimes players have bad games. It doesn't mean they "wilt under the spotlights". Gretzky had bad post-season games. Did he "wilt under the spotlights" as well?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
As for Duclair, I think if we could have gotten him for the price CBJ got him for, it would have been zero risk, so why not?

We might have tried. Duclair was traded out of NY. He maybe didn't want to come back here because of it.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
4 years of Bobby Ryan will cost more than 2 years of Ryan Callahan.

The benefit of Ryan over Callahan is you are getting an actual productive NHL'er in return.

The benefit of Callahan over Ryan is shorter term and a player that can show youngsters in the Org what you can accomplish with hard work and limited skills. Imagine what you can do when you have skill AND a great work ethic.

Personally I think it's more likely that Ryan gets back to being a 20/20 guy than it would be for Callahan to ever stay healthy for a full season (conceding both are unlikely)

Ryan with retention can be moved again. Callahan is toast
The difference between Callahan and Ryan is that Cally is a great locker room leader and presence and Ryan is lazy. If I have to eat a contract, I’ll take the leader to show young players how it is done.

Reactions: Jayan

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Dallas is still in on Karlsson, and unlike TB would not need a 3rd team to get it done.

Will he extend in Dallas is whats the question tho

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Except we had Hank and they have Stamkos, Kutcherov, Hedman a bevy of young guns and a damn good farm... the 2014 NYR were nothing like that.

They made it to the finals unlike last years super duper Tampa team.

Adding EK is a larger (ok much larger) scale version of when we added Yandle. That super deep farm is going to be much thinner after the moves they will have made for McDonagh and EK (assuming it eventually goes through.)

The point is when you're in a position to go for it, you go for it. Zero f***s should be given about the "future" when your future is the present.

Thats what the Rangers did and what it looks like Tampa is doing. Anyone who thinks that this is going to look good for Tampa in 4-5 years is fooling themselves but if they win a cup or 2, they won't care.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Stamkos was particularly bad in the ECF.

He was bad the entire playoffs.

Kucherov going scoreless in 2 games when he carries the team through the Devils series and plays well in 1-5 vs the Caps warrants a "disappearing act" comment.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
They made it to the finals unlike last years super duper Tampa team.

Adding EK is a larger (ok much larger) scale version of when we added Yandle. That super deep farm is going to be much thinner after the moves they will have made for McDonagh and EK (assuming it eventually goes through.)

The point is when you're in a position to go for it, you go for it. Zero ****s should be given about the "future" when your future is the present.

Thats what the Rangers did and what it looks like Tampa is doing. Anyone who thinks that this is going to look good for Tampa in 4-5 years is fooling themselves but if they win a cup or 2, they won't care.
NYR didn't win a cup though. My point was merely that they're going to have MANY runs at it and we had one. They didn't make it and have yet (apparently) to nab Karlsson.

But I agree they won't care once then win one or two.

I'd bet money on Yzerman getting them back into contention sooner rather than later tho once they do.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Yeah kinda seems that way. And with their showing last year with probably the best roster in the playoffs I wouldn’t be too confident with them winning in any 1 year window even with karlsson

Except you would have said the same thing about the caps over the last decade until this season.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Eklund said rangers are getting Kucherov Lmfao. That is totally absurd.

Eklund is a ******* idiot. It boggles my mind that on HF Boards, it's perfectly ok for everyone to (justifiably) pile on some random poster who makes a ridiculous proposal on the main boards, but the second you call Eklund out for what he is in an Eklund thread, the mods tell you to back off.

Reactions: wafflepadsave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad