Free Agent Frenzy (Khudobin: 3 years, $10M | Pysyk: 1 year, $750k | Faksa: 5 years, $16.25M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I saw some speculation that the big exodus in Columbus was less about free agents and more about cutting salary. Was there any truth to that?

If there in the market for a cheap Top 6 player, I would say it's maybe 50/50 Rads has them on his no trade list.

Man I just hate seeing some of these contracts. Hoffman is probably in the range where Dadonov would be. If there was a decent team on a budget that can't commit real dollars to someone right now ... Rads makes a ton of sense. He's do a pretty reasonable amount next year as well under $5 million. Seems like you at least need to make the calls.

There just seems to be an opportunity to add salary and end still end up with a smaller cap hit than Rads right now.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Uggh .... it's like Charlie Brown to some extent with the football getting pulled away ... it's probably a facade that you could create the cap space, but those contracts are mostly too good to miss out on.

Reactions: kabidjan18

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Granlund signs with CJB it'll be dirtcheap for 1 year because they have to save money , he was shit in Nashville and probably because of Koivu.

By the way Poile came out and said the he plans with Tolvanen with Duchene and Kunin.

Maybe Nashville isn't in on bigtime UFA's afterall or they missed on everybody ?

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I saw some speculation that the big exodus in Columbus was less about free agents and more about cutting salary. Was there any truth to that?

If there in the market for a cheap Top 6 player, I would say it's maybe 50/50 Rads has them on his no trade list.

Man I just hate seeing some of these contracts. Hoffman is probably in the range where Dadonov would be. If there was a decent team on a budget that can't commit real dollars to someone right now ... Rads makes a ton of sense. He's do a pretty reasonable amount next year as well under $5 million. Seems like you at least need to make the calls.

There just seems to be an opportunity to add salary and end still end up with a smaller cap hit than Rads right now.
I thought so as well.

I kinda want Hintz and Gurianov to be signed quickly just so that we actually know what kind of cap space we're looking at. Like if we actually do go for some good players off of cap strapped teams, we'd need to know how much cap we're starting with, how much cap we need to move, and therefore we need to know what is the cap hit of the player we're going for. But we need to know where we are to start first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad