GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - July 1st - Coyotes not done? NHL Network

Most likely trade bait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We still need a depth signing even after Crouse, right? Like Sticky Nicky? I don't want to see Merkley in the press box cuz he's missed too much time already.

Keller - Dvorak - Schmaltz
Crouse - Stepan - Kessel
Garland - Soderberg - Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Vinnistroza

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
We still need a depth signing even after Crouse, right? Like Sticky Nicky? I don't want to see Merkley in the press box cuz he's missed too much time already.

Keller - Dvorak - Schmaltz
Crouse - Stepan - Kessel
Garland - Soderberg - Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Vinnistroza
I'd like to see one more trade that gives us a top 6 LW. The question is who goes to make that a thing. It's like a Fisher + 2nd + Prospect for someone with a few years left and maybe some retained salary? I personally want that someone to be RNH but I don't know that this is enough for him. He's the perfect piece for our roster as it stands today though.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
We're actually swamped with RHS wingers right now.

Kessel
Schmaltz
Hinostroza
Garland
Fischer
Merkley

It's a good position to be in. I just don't see a point in using our last cap dollars to add more of what we have. Dzingel or Ferland would be really nice.
Being a European player, we could probably move Aberg to the Left (if we don't move Fischer). I don't see Merkley up next season (depending on injuries)

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Holy shniekie!!! That's a load of signing bonus.

You have to think this will be a point of contention in the next CBA. I may not be interpreting this correctly, but players with the signing bonuses get all that money up front, while their base salaries are the only aspect that is subject to escrow. As they are paid such a "pittance" in base salary, the bulk of players who individually make far, far less, but are paid primarily through base salary end up covering for this. So those players get to make less overall, but still get stuck with the bill.

I don't suspect the majority of the league owners want it either, aside from maybe the top few teams that make money hand over fist.

Reactions: Mosby

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Seems unreasonable that one's "bonus" is a guaranteed number higher than one's "salary". I expect that hole will get plugged with the next CBA. Maybe make the signing bonus one payment due at "signing", too. Hence the name "signing bonus".

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You have to think this will be a point of contention in the next CBA. I may not be interpreting this correctly, but players with the signing bonuses get all that money up front, while their base salaries are the only aspect that is subject to escrow. As they are paid such a "pittance" in base salary, the bulk of players who individually make far, far less, but are paid primarily through base salary end up covering for this. So those players get to make less overall, but still get stuck with the bill.

I don't suspect the majority of the league owners want it either, aside from maybe the top few teams that make money hand over fist.
Escrow is on all monies paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad