GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - July 1st - Coyotes not done? NHL Network

Most likely trade bait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I guess he would have been great with George Best, a famous footballer (that's a soccer-player, for you).

On what he did with the big amount of money he made?

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Saw a documentary on Best once. He was early 30's and in Monaco when room service guy arrived shocked when Best answers the door. Can I ask you a question Mr. Best? Go ahead kid. Where did it all go wrong Mr Best? George looks into room where there is $40K and Miss Universe on the bed. Where did what go wrong he answered?

Reactions: Name Nameless

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Colorado is going to be a contender next season and for years to come...they are young and sooooooooooo talented.
I read a comment recently about Colorado having the roster of a cup contender and the prospect pool of a bottom feeder. That's pretty scary and of course the Coyotes are heading into their division.
  • Finally makes the playoffs, gets the freaking Wings in the first round both years.
  • Finally get past the first round and run into a Kings team who become the first 8th seed in history to defeat the top 3 seeds.
  • Wings finally start to suck...move completely out of the western conference.
  • Pacific starts to suck, Coyotes are moving to the Central where the next "Wings" (i.e. Avs) are about to take shape.
I swear the Coyotes bad luck is f***ing legendary at this point!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I read a comment recently about Colorado having the roster of a cup contender and the prospect pool of a bottom feeder. That's pretty scary and of course the Coyotes are heading into their division.
  • Finally makes the playoffs, gets the freaking Wings in the first round both years.
  • Finally get past the first round and run into a Kings team who become the first 8th seed in history to defeat the top 3 seeds.
  • Wings finally start to suck...move completely out of the western conference.
  • Pacific starts to suck, Coyotes are moving to the Central where the next "Wings" (i.e. Avs) are about to take shape.
I swear the Coyotes bad luck is ****ing legendary at this point!
Yeah, the NHL is doing us no favors at all. The Central teams are going to feast on the Coyotes unless the kids, no, the goalies, exceed expectations.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tanev would probably be out there still if it wasn't for Rutherford.

Dzingel, Mojo, and Ferland haven't signed. I figured Ben Hutton would be gone by now too.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Dzingel was rumored to be deciding between COL and CHI. Sakic says Col is done, and CHI doesn't have cap space after signing Lehner at 5m. Not many playoff contending teams with cap space left. The price of Dzingel, Ferland, MoJo might be very reasonable now if they care about winning.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Yeah, the NHL is doing us no favors at all. The Central teams are going to feast on the Coyotes unless the kids, no, the goalies, exceed expectations.
We'll be fine except for Colorado. The Pacific is going to get strong again. Especially Vancouver, Anaheim and LA. Edmonton one of these days is going to figure their shit out too. What sucks is the early start times. Colorado is going to absolutely dominate the West!

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Chayka playing the waiting game?

Also, Colorado is going to be scary good for a long time. Can’t wait to join them in the Central:joker:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If Colorado can get their defense worked out, I know they've got Makar and Byram coming, but I don't think EJ, Barbeiro, Zadorov are world beaters. Barrie drove a lot of their offense, they will miss him.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The rest of the nhl is just doing everything then can to help Toronto out. This off-season is better than anyone’s wildest dreams for the Leafs.
Helping out? The Leafs got one year of Barrie, two RFA's and gave up a really good center, a 3rd line winger, and a depth D all on decent contracts to get them. If Barrie doesn't reup in Toronto I think they lose this deal big time.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The rest of the nhl is just doing everything then can to help Toronto out. This off-season is better than anyone’s wildest dreams for the Leafs.

Barrie will walk and Colorado will still have a 30 goal center. I don't think it's a favor at all. It's a bit of a posion pill. Barrie is too good to pass up @50% off for Dubas, even though he knows there's a very small chance he can be kept past this coming season.

Reactions: _Del_ and Plub

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'd like to take a roll of the dice on Aberg. 25, RHS, scored 25 points last season.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Helping out? The Leafs got one year of Barrie, two RFA's and gave up a really good center, a 3rd line winger, and a depth D all on decent contracts to get them. If Barrie doesn't reup in Toronto I think they lose this deal big time.

Barrie at 2.75M (I guess 50 to 65 points next year) + Kerfoot at 1.15M (I guess 45-60 points next year ): hard to feel like Toronto can lose big time on this, although Kadri is undoubtedly a good center but also a proven liability when it matters.

Understand the long term aspect of this but who knows what the salary cap will be and what the new CBA will bring, so would not lose much sleep at this stage if I was Kubas. Get Marner signed and that's a lovely off season for him... with a little assist from the Avs too.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Barrie at 2.75M (I guess 50 to 65 points next year) + Kerfoot at 1.15M (I guess 45-60 points next year ): hard to feel like Toronto can lose big time on this, although Kadri is undoubtedly a good center but also a proven liability when it matters.

Understand the long term aspect of this but who knows what the salary cap will be and what the new CBA will bring, so would not lose much sleep at this stage if I was Kubas. Get Marner signed and that's a lovely off season for him... with a little assist from the Avs too.
Kerfoot isn't signed and I highly doubt he agrees to the number you suggested. If Barrie only plays one year in Toronto the Leafs probably lose this trade.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014

Kerfoot put up back to back 40 point seasons, idk how he gets any less than Kapanen or Johansson

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd like to take a roll of the dice on Aberg. 25, RHS, scored 25 points last season.
We're actually swamped with RHS wingers right now.

Kessel
Schmaltz
Hinostroza
Garland
Fischer
Merkley

It's a good position to be in. I just don't see a point in using our last cap dollars to add more of what we have. Dzingel or Ferland would be really nice.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->