GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - July 1st - Coyotes not done? NHL Network

Most likely trade bait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Odd of him to sign. It's not a very high contract, I thought all the RFAs were going bananas. Anyhows, I can see people talking about the front-loaded bonuses. But as the Canes just had a deep run, I imagine they have more money than normally. (Changes in ownership, theirs, aside.)

All of that up front money in the first year was probably too tempting for him to pass up.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I just heard Chayka on NHL radio and he basically said that the Coyotes are done. He fully expects Crouse to be signed in short order as well.

Reactions: Edenjung

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
defuq Aho signed an offer sheet?

When you are away for a 2 hours to eat and talk, everything happens ^^

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
I just heard Chayka on NHL radio and he basically said that the Coyotes are done. He fully expects Crouse to be signed in short order as well.

Makes sense as much as we want them to keep adding, it doesn't make sense to get into a bidding war and overpaying for average talent.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Have not seen anyone say Aho signed it? Very easy match.

Teams don't actually send offer sheets to RFA's hoping the player will sign. Teams discuss contracts with RFA's then if both sides agree to a contract they document the required contract terms in the offer sheet and send it to the NHL and former team. The offer sheet doesn't usually contain all the terms in the contract, e.g. NTC/NMC's are not included.

Offer sheets are really just notifications to the former team that the RFA has agreed to a contract with another club.

Reactions: Edenjung

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
We've signed a few AHL guys today, Andy Miele, Aaron Ness, and Beau Bennett to two way deals. All some really good guys to have for the runners. I think all three have had cup of teas in the league too/

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Teams don't actually send offer sheets to RFA's hoping the player will sign. Teams discuss contracts with RFA's then if both sides agree to a contract they document the required contract terms in the offer sheet and send it to the NHL and former team. The offer sheet doesn't usually contain all the terms in the contract, e.g. NTC/NMC's are not included.

Offer sheets are really just notifications to the former team that the RFA has agreed to a contract with another club.
The news release being discussed at the time of my post only said that an Offer Sheet had been sent to Aho, that's why the question was asked. I answered it myself an hour or so ago.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

They still didn't include the fact he had agreed to their terms in their tweet, it looked like they just said they had sent him the offer to look at.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The news release being discussed at the time of my post only said that an Offer Sheet had been sent to Aho, that's why the question was asked. I answered it myself an hour or so ago.

It's understandable, the media can get quite confused on stuff like offer sheets that happen so infrequently.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Habs have something like 11 picks in next year’s draft so they can afford to give up a couple.
a first , second and a third. Because it was under 8.5. But front loaded at 22 million for the first 12 months.
Can the cash strapped Canes do it.
I"m guessing yes but probably will piss off the owner royally.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Sakic says the Avs are done, they were rumored to be in the running for Dzingel. With them out, there's not a lot of team's left we would be competing with to sign Lee, MoJo, Dzingel and Ferland. I think we're an attractive team now that we finished so close to playoffs, just added Kessel.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Beau Bennett and Aaron Ness too, club's already announced it. Two way deals meant for Tucson is what Craig said

It's still counted against the 50-contract limit.

So, who are these guys? Was they invites as the prospect-camp?

Cause I've never heard of them to be honest.

(edit: OK, I should have. :laugh:)

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It's still counted against the 50-contract limit.

So, who are these guys? Was they invites as the prospect-camp?

Cause I've never heard of them to be honest.
Bennett was a guy with decent expectations who seemed to fall off the map. Surprised he wouldn't stay in Europe??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
What was Montreal thinking with that offer sheet?? Am I missing something or is that Carolina's easiest decision ever?? Agents for other RFA's must not be happy with that Cap hit.

Reactions: Mosby

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Bennett, is a Stanley Cup Champion. He may have game, if he could keep from going out drinking with college girls.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Lee stays for 7 times $7. Not bad for a 29 year old who might crack 50 points.

Reactions: _Del_

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Bennett, is a Stanley Cup Champion. He may have game, if he could keep from going out drinking with college girls.

I guess he would have been great with George Best, a famous footballer (that's a soccer-player, for you).

On what he did with the big amount of money he made?

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Reactions: sundance74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad