GDT: Free agent frenzy July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I would look at signing a couple of Hartnell, Yakupov and Mason all on 1 year deals around a million each. No risk. Can be waived and stashed If necessary. Maybe worth a low pick at the TDL.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
@Kovalev27, see even Brooks says Namestnikov will start at W :D

Still some very solid depth pieces available to fill out the bottom-6. Nick Shore would be a great 4C or 4RW. Duclair and Yak can give you a depth scoring winger and second-unit PP option. Hartnell and Upshall are two good vet options to have as grit/jam guys.

I’d flip Spooner to Columbus, Florida, or Toronto to get back a pick or prospect.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What John Tavares going to the Leafs means for the Rangers

Adam Rotter: The Matt Martin idea makes sense. He's someone that the Rangers know well from his time with the Isles and fits in with the kind of character, locker room and grit guys they have been connected with. He is what he is but the energy, physicality and, on occasion scoring touch, that Martin would bring when the Rangers played the Islanders would certainly seem to be welcome on David Quinn's team.
Overall, I could see the Rangers taking on Martin and Horton's contracts in a deal that wouldn't cost them much of anything but also land them a prospect or pick(s). The Rangers have the space to make that kind of deal, especially since both contracts expire in two-years,

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Idk. The Rangers might be able to hang on to Spooner and build some value there. Sorta hesitant to flip him just for the sake of doing so.

Can't see them signing Yakupov. No idea what wrong there though. Kid had talent and had a decent debut but then just never got any better. Real shame.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I wonder if the Rangers could squeeze Kapanen out of Toronto if they take on Martin and Horton. Seems like he's pretty far down the depth chart there.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
At least Martin can still play. Would need a nice asset coming back with him, though. Bracco for a cheaper deal from NYR, or Connor Carrick to make it actually worthwhile but involve more pieces.

Reactions: TheTakedown

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wonder if the Rangers could squeeze Kapanen out of Toronto if they take on Martin and Horton. Seems like he's pretty far down the depth chart there.

I would LOVE Kapanen if he was available. I also think Martin could be a useful player for this organization in the room and on the ice.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Let's take Brouwer from the Flames too.

Kapanen is the dream from TOR, but I think it remains a dream. Bracco is a meh prospect.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I keep seeing all these signings and am surprised to hardly see anything Rangers related. This is so unusual for me but the more I think about it the better I feel about it because to me it's a sign that they are truly committed to the youth movement and went to give our guys a chances first before they get a hired gun to make it onto the roster... of course.. free agency is long so who knows what and who they will sign, but so far I'm pleased nothing crazy has happened.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Let's take Brouwer from the Flames too.

Kapanen is the dream from TOR, but I think it remains a dream. Bracco is a meh prospect.

I'd take Brouwer too but he has a M-NTC, would he accept to come to a rebuilding team? 2 years left @ $4.5m

That Calgary team is going to need to jettison some salary though.

~$12.8m in cap space:
RFA's to sign:
Lindholm (~$4.5-5m in request from Carolina)
Jankowski ($3m?)
Hathaway
Hanifan ($5m?)
Kulak ($2m?)

And they still need a back-up goalie

Also there is this.....

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
de Haan is a good player but again he's a lefty

Where are these guys playing? Unless you're moving Smith or Staal (or Skjei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->