GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Halloween Edition - The next scream you hear may be your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Like the Q connection.

I have a hard time believing that all of these players will only sign with certain connections if there are a few more 100 thou available elsewhere.

You can't disqualify all comparables because they know somebody in another organization.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't think that's really on Sullivan tbh. Rutherford went out and got a guy who's been an inconsistent top 6 fit in the NHL to round out our top 6 - you'd hope Sullivan can find find the good days and make them consistent but if he doesn't, that's not hugely on him in my book. If it doesn't work, he's got try something else - and what other right wings does he have other than Tanev and Rodrigues? Lafferty? Sceviour? McCann and play someone on their off wing? Tanev at least fits an archetype of a player both Sid and Geno have done well with, and both he and Rodrigues were productive in their tiny samples with high end Cs at their previous orgs.

I can see Tanev working with Malkin. The puck hunter battling below the goal line. I think Sid would get frustrated with Tanev.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
HFBoards: “if GMJR just gets rid of JJ and Bjugstad that is an awesome off season”.

JJ and Bjugstad gone.

HFBoards: “GMJR needs to start signing one year prove it contracts, he never does.”

Signs Jankowski and Rodriquez for league minimum for one year.

HFBoards: “We need a defensive third line center who is willing to have tough zone starts and understands there role.”

Already had Blueger. Signs Jankowski and Rodriquez for league minimum for one year. Literally, three or four (McCann) options for a defensively responsible 3C.

HFBoards: this summer GMJR has really disappointed. What a let down.

#justmy5cents
Spot on. :laugh:

This should be the 1st post in the new thread.

Reactions: PhilThrillPill

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That term ewww especially if the cap stays flat for a few years. Back end won’t look great.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Reading and watching more of Jankowksi, he seems like ZAR with more size and scoring potential.

Jankowski-ERod-Sceviour is probably a line that can not f*** things up for you at least.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Reading and watching more of Jankowksi, he seems like ZAR with more size and scoring potential.

Jankowski-ERod-Sceviour is probably a line that can not f*** things up for you at least.

Would be, But I don't think Erod is ideally a centre.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I didn't think St. Louis was after Krug, but makes alot of sense. They won't miss a beat on the PP at least with Pietro gone.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Nice. Let him go out West. East is already good enough. We need these top UFAs to go West. Hall and Pietrangelo as well.

Im glad Canes didnt get Holtby or Markstrom. Both also out west. They are the team I would worry about the most if they had a top goalie. While their tandems have done well the past few years...its been proven you still need that 1 goalie that can keep it up all playoffs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The West knows they need to improve if they want to compete with Colorado. Safe to say they will be the next Tampa/Pens of their conference. That is if Sakic doesnt make any big mistakes. He has the top prospects. He doesnt really need to add anyone big in UFA. Just re-sign the RFAs. They could upgrade on Jost but dont need much else. Other than a workhorse for a goalie imo. We will see if they have that with their duo

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Rutherford suggested Rodrigues, capable of playing all three forward positions, will be the team’s third-line right winger.

“If you look what we did today, (Jared) McCann would be the left winger, Jankowski would be in the middle and Rodrigues on right wing,” Rutherford said in a conference call. “That gives us speed on the wings, that gives us the defensive center that we’re looking for.”

California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) | TribLIVE.com

So yes, that is what JR has in mind for the 3rd line.

And yes, it's stupid.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So Pietrangelo to TOR (after Barrie), and StL (after Krug) is over. Who is left as a possibility?

Boston, LV (if they can move money), CBJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad