GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Looks like it’ll be another quiet day at the office for the Canucks

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
At this point I think we’re all just hoping Ferland’s next injury isn’t due to direct head contact that results in a severe concussion.

He better not get into any fights.
Please. He will fight on his first shift. Dude can’t change. I hope he just cash’s cheque’s and spends time with his family this year for their sake

Reactions: Nucker101

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
No it did not, because it seemed just as hopeful as well as unlikely, as your first post on the subject.
It's unfortunate that this board has become so polarized over a topic that we have little to no control over - to the point where innocuous comments take on greater meaning in some larger battle over who is or isn't being realistic (an apparent proxy for pro-Benning vs. anti-Benning).

To follow all of the twists and turns and ride the emotional highs and lows of of will-he or will-he-not lose his job would rob me of any enjoyment of following my favorite team. But to each his own.

My own personal take is that Benning is not an especially good GM, but that all signs indicate his position is currently secure. But like all GMs, his day will eventually come too and when it does, I won't shed too many tears over it.

But in the meantime, I think it's an entertaining exercise to follow the moves made and anticipate what it means for the eventual fate of players like Ferland. I wouldn't try and read much more into it than that.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I believe both Lee and Bill Sweatt suited up for Vancouver

yes but we had Billy first and for a short time was the only Sweatt, until Lee came in, in his first game scores the only goal of the game for a 1-0 win

If I remember that correctly

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
yes but we had Billy first and for a short time was the only Sweatt, until Lee came in, in his first game scores the only goal of the game for a 1-0 win

If I remember that correctly

Just looked them both up. Looks like Bill played 3 games split between 11-12 and 12-13, while Lee played 3 games in 10-11.

Still remember Lee's goal. Wicked shot!

member 328930

Too busy celebrating Jay Beagle's 35th birthday!

Holy f***. The guy is 35? I never even actually realized that. So they signed this guy at age 33, to a 4 year contract? For some reason I thought he was about 2 years younger than this.

What a disaster. Why does Aqualini continue to employ him?

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

I read it as "everyone was joking about how he needed a helmet".

9e1def848a93401aa3f15c428811b5f1.jpg

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
it would continue with trend of having the better brother. Petey and Tanev broke a long line of the shittier brother streak we were on

Federov, Kariya, Granlund, BILLY SWEATT

when i started watching back in '89, we had the worst sutter

but there was a baby being born in long island that was like, hold my beer

Reactions: Mr4legs

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Holy f***. The guy is 35? I never even actually realized that. So they signed this guy at age 33, to a 4 year contract? For some reason I thought he was about 2 years younger than this.

What a disaster. Why does Aqualini continue to employ him?

Drunk off that Stanley cup winner title.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Why do people want to trade Pearson? Does anyone think we will find a defensively responsible 2LW that has good chemistry with Horvat (Finally) who just finished on pace for 53 pts over 82 games for less than Pearson makes? I really like Pearson I don’t get why I see so many proposals that involve him being shipped out.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Why do people want to trade Pearson? Does anyone think we will find a defensively responsible 2LW that has good chemistry with Horvat (Finally) who just finished on pace for 53 pts over 82 games for less than Pearson makes? I really like Pearson I don’t get why I see so many proposals that involve him being shipped out.
He’s not a bad player. He’s carried by Bo and inflated his stats with EN points.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
To gain salary space, with the way the market is for free agents this year, 1 Pearson could be turned into the money for Jake and Gaudette. Then fill the 2LW spot on a guy under 900K from free agency. If it doesn't work then he can be sent to Utica and nothing changes on our salary cap.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006

He's an upcoming UFA, is he in the long term plans? What does his next deal look like?

Depending on how the season goes he's a good target to move because unlike a lot of players on the roster, he has value to other teams and we'd be willing to move him.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Pearson was -13 in the 18 games leading up to lockdown and he’s an empty net point stat padder.

he’s not that good. Better than Guddy though.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Thornton to the Leafs.

Feels like the early 2000s all over again when the Leafs went after a whole lot of guys who were past their best by date - Gilmour, Leetch, Wesley, Nolan...

He's going home, a little late but he's going home. Fulfilling the silly Toronto meme that every Ontario born player is dying to play for the leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->