Speculation: Free Agency/Trade Prediction Game

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
1. Thompson, Walman, 2019 1st*, 2020 3rd, Sobotka for ROR.
*The pick is lottery protected plus we have the option to defer the pick to a 2020 1st if our selection falls on a prime number. If we choose to do so, we also forfeit a 2021 4th round pick but receive a 2023 5th round pick.

2. Blues sign G Kari Lehtonen to a 1 year, $1.75 million dollar contract. Ranksu has mixed emotions but ultimately blames Allen every time Lehtonen gets scored on.

3. Walman, Sobotka (50% retained), 2019 1st* for Tyler Johnson.
*For some reason, we also have to give up a 2020 1st round pick on top of our 2019 1st if we miss the playoffs and win the lottery next year. If we miss the playoffs and lose the lottery, we only have to give up a 2nd round pick. If we make the playoffs, we get to keep our 2019 1st and give up a 2019 2nd instead. Stevie Y insisted on these conditions and is later seen lingering in the hallways at the Enterprise Center with a lead pipe during a Blues 'captains only' meeting. After brutally injuring Petro and Tarasenko, he runs away, maniacally screaming something about how we had a bunch of picks and then lost them. The fanbase overwhelming blames Army for not signing Reaves to the 4 year deal he asked for, lamenting the fact that he should have been there to protect his buddies.

4. Blues sign Tyler Bozak, 3 years at $6.5 mil AAV. And the fanbase is whelmed.

5. In the most important move of the summer, Bill Armstrong's contract is renewed for 3 years. If the judges won't count this as a valid prediction (which is outrageous since he's not an RFA), then I guess Gunnar for a 4th.

I'm really happy with my predictions. I was damn close to the ROR package and I like what we actually sent even more than my prediction. I missed on the goalie, but nailed the term and AAV. I guessed the term for Bozak, but am pleasantly surprised by how far off I was on the AAV. Jury is still out on #5 I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad