Confirmed Signing with Link: Free Agency Signings Thread

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Per Elite Prospects, Klas Dahlbeck has signed with CSKA Moskva of the KHL.

Also per EP Dennus Rasmussen who played for Anaheim last season before having his contract terminated signed with Magnitogorsk of the KHL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wouldn't the term "organizational depth" apply to his signing?
Well it applies from Vegas perspective but for Hyka it's just one more year wasted playing in the AHL as he undoubtedly had offers from the top European leagues.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Well it applies from Vegas perspective but for Hyka it's just one more year wasted playing in the AHL as he undoubtedly had offers from the top European leagues.
Good point but he did sign the contract so he must have thought that Vegas' offer was better than any other offer he was receiving.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Kevin Lowe ensures even if he's fired for gross incompetence, that the Lowe name stays in Edmonton. :laugh:

I mean Keegan earned the extension but Kevin Lowe jokes are low hanging fruit so go for it I guess.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I mean Keegan earned the extension but Kevin Lowe jokes are low hanging fruit so go for it I guess.

Well, nothing against the kid but his old man's done enough damage to earn taking a few shots, I'd say.

Be honest, if MacT had a son who was draft-eligible this year and the Oilers took him, would that not raise a few eyebrows? :laugh:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

He got a bunch of call ups and he'll fight for a spot next season. Why do you want him to sulk and go home?

Even 24-25 yo players need development time, especially when coming over to NA.

Last edited:

North

Jun 25, 2009
Well, nothing against the kid but his old man's done enough damage to earn taking a few shots, I'd say.

Be honest, if MacT had a son who was draft-eligible this year and the Oilers took him, would that not raise a few eyebrows? :laugh:

That's not what happened though is it?

Keegan played well and earned an extension. No need to include his father into the discussion at all.

Last edited:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Christoffer is scheduled to be a RFA this summer with Edmonton though this deal suggests he will likely not be qualified

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
It appears Tampa has signed UFA Kevin Lynch to an NHL contract
https://articles.syracuse.com/crunc...w_contract_baby.amp?__twitter_impression=true

According to Jessica, Kevin signed an NHL deal with Tampa Bay earlier this week. Lynch was a key third-liner for Syracuse last season, posting 14 goals and 12 helpers in 57 games.
(Jessica is Kevin Lynch's wife)

No confirmation from Tampa yet. Lynch was a 2nd round pick of Columbus who has been playing on AHL deals the last few seasons.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Despite this coming through the AHL team, the link says it's an NHL deal. Also, the player in question is RFA Daniel Walcott

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
@mouser
So this would be the same as the Suomela then, right?
Was either processed June 1 and not announced, or can't actually be finalized until July 1

Should be the same situation. The article says he was "signed earlier this week", so could have been by the June 1st cutoff. Or maybe they just agreed to terms and we won't hear the official inking for a while.

edit, here you go. June 1st:

Reactions: uncleben

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Per Elite Prospects, G Niklas Svedberg, who played this past season for Iowa of the AHL while under contract to Minnesota, had signed with Timra of the SHL

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Also per Elite Prospects, RFA F Markus Eisenschmid, who played last season for Laval of the AHL while under contract to Montreal, has signed with Mannheim of a he DEL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->