Confirmed Signing with Link: Free Agency Signings Thread

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
What happened to Matt Read? He put up some decent numbers a few years back.
Yeah, I saw this on EP and was a bit shocked. Hadn't realized he was even UFA, and I thought I knew every decent skater who hit FA. Then I realized I hadn't followed him at all in a couple of years. Would hear the name and think of what he was, not what he's become. He's declined every year since his rookie one.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
What happened to Matt Read? He put up some decent numbers a few years back.
Yeah, I saw this on EP and was a bit shocked. Hadn't realized he was even UFA, and I thought I knew every decent skater who hit FA. Then I realized I hadn't followed him at all in a couple of years. Would hear the name and think of what he was, not what he's become. He's declined every year since his rookie one.

His footspeed took a real hit when he got injured a few years ago and lost a lot of his role as a very reliable middle six swiss army knife. I thought whoever got him would be happy with him as a 13th forward or first callup from the AHL. He's a good character guy and was playing decently on the penalty kill at the end of last season. Played college in Minnesota at Bemidji state.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->