Free Agency Rules: Post Questions Here

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Just for clarification and peace of mind, what is the deadline for the first round of offers? Is it July 17th at midnight Eastern Standard Time?

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Just for clarification and peace of mind, what is the deadline for the first round of offers? Is it July 17th at midnight Eastern Standard Time?

July 20th, I think

Bids are due by Midnight EST on the 20th of July and are to be sent no earlier than Midnight on the 17th of July (to ensure all those involved in free agency have submitted their offers already). Bids should be sent to [email protected].

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Tony is correct. The time and date above are the earliest you should send in your offers, as certain member(s) of the admin team will be submitting their offers befire that time so as not to see any offers in advance of the league wide offers (in the event the same players are being bid on). A notice will be sent out earlier if it is done earlier.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
July 20th, I think

I always get confused when working with midnight deadlines...

So does that mean 12:01AM on July 17th we can begin sending our offers and the deadline is 12:01AM on the 20th? (just using that extra minute to determine what day these deadlines actually fall on)

Or is it more like 11:59PM on the 17th and 11:59PM on the 20th?

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I always get confused when working with midnight deadlines...

So does that mean 12:01AM on July 17th we can begin sending our offers and the deadline is 12:01AM on the 20th? (just using that extra minute to determine what day these deadlines actually fall on)

Or is it more like 11:59PM on the 17th and 11:59PM on the 20th?

if you send it in on the 18th or 19th, you can't go wrong :D

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Of note, there are a few retired guys listed, as no effort was made as of yet to remove those who have already announced their retirement.

I've made the adjustments for things that have been mentioned in this thread (ie Huet, Bourque).

I don't have the time to comb through the list for retired players, but if people want to mention them here, I'll remove them from the FA list.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Question about RFAs:

Can they still accept their offer sheets? Can we withdraw them before they do?

I assume by offer sheet, you mean qualifying offer? If that is the case, we've never made a hard rule about the timing on this, other than if you withdraw the QO, the player becomes a free agent. Certainly through the first round free agency, the QO's will stand (and may be accepted). So you can't retain the player's rights by offering the standard QO, and than withdraw it while still holding their rights if that is your question.

And Glen Murray is a UFA, unless Cohen can produce a response from Reggie showing he accepted a deal. According the offer list, he rejected his last offer from Ottawa.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
And Glen Murray is a UFA, unless Cohen can produce a response from Reggie showing he accepted a deal. According the offer list, he rejected his last offer from Ottawa.

Thanks for the clarification. I may have just misinterpreted what Cohen was saying about Murray.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Guys - a quick reminder to follow the formatting EXACLTY like it is proposed. Any difference and it simply doesn't input properly into the file, which means it has to be entered manually to be entered (which means it doesn't, because Reggie simply isn't manually inputting any offers, let alone 100's that are coming in).

Claudio, for the date, I believe it Sept 30th, but it could be the 15th, can't remember. If there is an offer for a college FA, where someone is off by a year, there will be some flexibility in adjusting the offers automatically to reflect the length it is supposed to be.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Guys - a quick reminder to follow the formatting EXACLTY like it is proposed. Any difference and it simply doesn't input properly into the file, which means it has to be entered manually to be entered (which means it doesn't, because Reggie simply isn't manually inputting any offers, let alone 100's that are coming in).

Claudio, for the date, I believe it Sept 30th, but it could be the 15th, can't remember. If there is an offer for a college FA, where someone is off by a year, there will be some flexibility in adjusting the offers automatically to reflect the length it is supposed to be.

Reggie, could you possibly let us know which teams didn't submit it properly. I was pretty sure that I followed the format, but you can never be to sure I suppose. Or if not, can you confirm that the Panthers offers were correctly submitted?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Reggie, could you possibly let us know which teams didn't submit it properly. I was pretty sure that I followed the format, but you can never be to sure I suppose. Or if not, can you confirm that the Panthers offers were correctly submitted?

I was one of them. If you are one of them, I assume he just zips an email back reminding you to submit in the proper format like he did for me.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Actually Brock, your offers have not been received. When were they sent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad