Free Agency: Round 1 Results

HFNHL Red Wings

Interesting about Jones. I didn't realize you could sign a player before their college career, so that never occurred to me.

To be completely honest, at the time I signed him I did not know he was going to start College that coming fall. There was no concious attempt at exploiting a loophole at the time.
It's a pretty rare combination of events for a guy to be undrafted -> pass draft eligibiliy and become a technical UFA - > then go to college after that ... at least anyone that would turn out to be useful.
It was a loonnnggg shot signing by me back then that so far is looking like a decent gamble.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
To be completely honest, at the time I signed him I did not know he was going to start College that coming fall. There was no concious attempt at exploiting a loophole at the time.
It's a pretty rare combination of events for a guy to be undrafted -> pass draft eligibiliy and become a technical UFA - > then go to college after that ... at least anyone that would turn out to be useful.
It was a loonnnggg shot signing by me back then that so far is looking like a decent gamble.

Alright fair enough then. That explanation satisfies me I guess. I never would have figured that such a loophole was used (whether intentionally or not :P), and therefore didn't think there was a possibility that he could be on a pro roster. Oh well, I don't feel as stupid anymore, that's for sure.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Of note, Buffalo is included in the bidding for Ty Conlin given an oversight. As such, the new "highest offer to date" for Conklin is 2 years x $850,000. San Jose, Chicago, and Carolina in particular should take note and can re-submit offers to Conklin if they wish based on this new information.

E-mails to each party have been sent.

The Hurricanes have sent updated bids

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Can you confirm receipt of Vancouver's offers? It was sent as an e-mail on perhaps the weakest wireless I've ever used. Oh Ghana.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Got the Vancouver offers and all others listed.

Update should be done by tomorrow, with the Columbus Blue Jackets becoming a Cup contender again by making the biggest splash during phase II of free agency by signing Martin St. Louis, Craig Conroy and Tom Poti.

Default101

Update should be done by tomorrow, with the Columbus Blue Jackets becoming a Cup contender again by making the biggest splash during phase II of free agency by signing Martin St. Louis, Craig Conroy and Tom Poti.

if you have a free minute or two would you be able to let me know who i picked up?... just curious thanks :) if not i can always wait for the report :P

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North

Woot!

Now to deal with ticket sales...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad