GDT: Free Agency - Oct 9th - 11:00am CT

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He was playing top 4 mins and succeeding, that's being a top 4 Dman. Was he a top 120 Dman in the league? Maybe not, but he handled the mins he was given fairly well.

And BUF fans and myself disagree with you.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hawks qualified him. I don't think there's anything more to the "negotiations". He either accepts the qualifying offer, gets an offer sheet, or doesn't play.... That's it.
Well actually the rumor was the Hawks offered him around 2 years 2.25mil. If true, he could accept that or the QO if he wanted.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
According to some Joki was a top-4 dman before his first NHL game. Not.

He wasn't then and he isn't now.

Actually he was with Hawks and is a #4 in Buffalo

And alot on this board are crowning Mr Mitchell as the best thing since sliced bread... As of this moment he has shown not a damn thing to be worthy of hype

Plenty of NCAA studs have proven crap in NHL

At end of day we gave away a young defender in Joker for no damn justifiable reason and it has hurt franchise. With Joker we likely dont trade for one of de Haan or Maatta or both

Reactions: Pertti

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
would a 50% retained Fluery have value to you guys? (in terms of draft picks?)

Sure a 1st+

But Vegas has said they aren't retaining nor willing to give up good asset and league rightfully balked on MAF offer from Vegas (Full contract + 2nd is laughable for a fading #2)

Vegas is stuck with Fleury now and had to give away a good defender as a result

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Actually he was with Hawks and is a #4 in Buffalo

And alot on this board are crowning Mr Mitchell as the best thing since sliced bread... As of this moment he has shown not a damn thing to be worthy of hype

Plenty of NCAA studs have proven crap in NHL

At end of day we gave away a young defender in Joker for no damn justifiable reason and it has hurt franchise. With Joker we likely dont trade for one of de Haan or Maatta or both
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Perhaps Joker did play top-4 in stints with weak teams but he is not a top-4 calibre dman in skill and effectiveness. He's young so it may still happen but in my mind, it is very questionable that he ever will be.

Reactions: Crow

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Perhaps Joker did play top-4 in stints with weak teams but he is not a top-4 calibre dman in skill and effectiveness. He's young so it may still happen but in my mind, it is very questionable that he ever will be.
He performed like one, and did so again this year in BUF. You probably havent even watched him, you just make up your mind and that's that.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He performed like one, and did so again this year in BUF. You probably havent even watched him, you just make up your mind and that's that.

Saying he performed like a top 4 defenseman on Buffalo, who has sucked for what 2 decades now? Is hardly some accomplishment. Did you see who composes of their top4?

On a even a playoff bubble team Joker is not a good #4 right now.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Saying he performed like a top 4 defenseman on Buffalo, who has sucked for what 2 decades now? Is hardly some accomplishment. Did you see who composes of their top4?

On a even a playoff bubble team Joker is not a good #4 right now.
Performing like one is different than just surviving as one. Point is, he is already a 4 on good nights, 5/6 on bad nights. He was a little more inconsistent as the season went on, but that's nothing new for a 20 year old Dman. Buffalo fans love him, and they should, all they had to do was trade a shit player for him.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

giza

Jul 19, 2011
At this point, we CERTAINLY lost that trade.....whether it's impacting either team's fortunes, meh.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad