GDT: Free Agency Nonsense Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
I really don't see the Rangers signing another bottom six player. If Miller goes into the top 6 as indicated by Brooks, you have Etem, Fast, Lindberg and Stalberg as the remaining bottom four wingers. You still have Glass, plus you have the likes of Bourque, Gibbons and Hrivik to challenge for the 13th forward spot.

We should try to add another NHL proven player and make the best team possible now we can get players for free, and in my opinion we still lack a FO guy which can play with Hayes in the 3rd line alternating RW and C positions. We also lack a top PKer with Hags gone.
I don't like the Stalberg signing if that means they are done signing FAs. I think he could be send down in training camp if he doesn't work.

I would love a lineup like this one:
Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Miller/Fast
Etem-Fehr/Brodziak-Hayes
Stalberg/Glass/Lindberg-Moore-Miller/Fast

One of Stalberg or Glass should be put on waivers (it is safe, no one would claim them), and I would definately offer a 3 year/2M contract to one of those guys I mentioned.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
I know, right? Why are the Rangers always getting vinculated with guys? It really steams me.

(I have no idea what you just posted. :))

Sorry for my english, related sounds better? I've read Sather had interest in him several times.

Anyone knows what would be the cap penalty if we put Glass or Stalberg on waivers?

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Caps get Justin Williams at 2 years/$3.25m per, Blackhawks get Tikhonov for less money than what we paid Stolberg... I take it we'll be trading another late draft pick for another back up goalie or depth forward for Hartford at some point today?
Apart from the Raanta trade, this offseason is off to one hell of a start. Feel free to pick up the phone anytime boys, anytime.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Caps get Justin Williams at 2 years/$3.25m per, Blackhawks get Tikhonov for less money than what we paid Stolberg... I take it we'll be trading another late draft pick for another back up goalie or depth forward for Hartford at some point today?
Apart from the Raanta trade, this offseason is off to one hell of a start. Feel free to pick up the phone anytime boys, anytime.

We have no cap space...I don't know what you expected

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
We have no cap space...I don't know what you expected

They paid Stolberg (who could very well be put on waivers) more than what Tikhonov got from Chicago. Who knows what Tikhonov will do but I would have preferred taking a shot at him than Stolberg. And again, I don't know if it was a Chicago VS NY thing, so its a moot point.
I know some people wanted to stay away from Justin Williams but at $3.25m per for 2 years... sorry but you have to make every attempt at moving whatever players you can to improve the roster, especially if it fills a need like a 2nd line RW. Not saying Williams would have been the answer to our prayers but that contract was definitely a solid signing by the Caps. Perhaps less depth signings... 1m here... 1m there... that could add up to the difference in getting a player like Williams to fill a need. Too many are going on about such good depth the Rangers have now. Give me a break, Rangers have not improved their roster which already had design flaws.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to blame the defense this upcoming season for coming up short again.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Let's look at what we are expecting compared to last season:

- St. Louis
- J. Moore
- Hagelin
- Hunwick
- Talbot

+ Etem
+ Stalberg
+ Diaz
+ Yandle (full season)
+ Raanta

Add to that our young guns who gained experience and are expected to improve a bit. Miller, Hayes, Kreider, Fast. Prospects who might be coming up in Lindberg, Hrivik, Skjei, McIlrath, Bourque.

I think we will be fine. Especially having Yandle for a full season will be a huge improvement over last season

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
St. Croix has no NHL future. The same may be true for Khaira, but sometimes giving guys a fresh start helps.

Probably neither have an NHL future. Strict AHL move to get new starts. St Croix did very well in Edmonton as a junior. Holds the all time point record

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

The Hellberg move was good.

Jun 16, 2015
Let's look at what we are expecting compared to last season:

- St. Louis
- J. Moore
- Hagelin
- Hunwick
- Talbot

+ Etem
+ Stalberg
+ Diaz
+ Yandle (full season)
+ Raanta

Add to that our young guns who gained experience and are expected to improve a bit. Miller, Hayes, Kreider, Fast. Prospects who might be coming up in Lindberg, Hrivik, Skjei, McIlrath, Bourque.

I think we will be fine. Especially having Yandle for a full season will be a huge improvement over last season

what happened to Talbot

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
They paid Stolberg (who could very well be put on waivers) more than what Tikhonov got from Chicago. Who knows what Tikhonov will do but I would have preferred taking a shot at him than Stolberg. And again, I don't know if it was a Chicago VS NY thing, so its a moot point.
I know some people wanted to stay away from Justin Williams but at $3.25m per for 2 years... sorry but you have to make every attempt at moving whatever players you can to improve the roster, especially if it fills a need like a 2nd line RW. Not saying Williams would have been the answer to our prayers but that contract was definitely a solid signing by the Caps. Perhaps less depth signings... 1m here... 1m there... that could add up to the difference in getting a player like Williams to fill a need. Too many are going on about such good depth the Rangers have now. Give me a break, Rangers have not improved their roster which already had design flaws.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to blame the defense this upcoming season for coming up short again.

Getting upset about not getting Tikhonov or comparing him to signing Stalbeg, like you said, is moot. He could have wanted nothing to do with NY.

Same goes with Williams. The Rangers were after to him if you believe Eklund (He was right about the Caps being one of the three teams in pursuit of him). Again he could have just not wanted to come here.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Anyone interested in moving Klein to open enough $ to pick up a scoring wing?

Yes please. As I have said before, there's only so many minutes to go around. The Rangers have 5 guys who should literally eat minutes. That leaves 12-15 for the #6. Maximize the asset, grow a young kid in that spot.

Heard something mulling about a minor trade with the Oil.
Michael St Croix for Jujhar Kharia. Maybe we add something small

Good with it. Kharia doesn't have much offensive upside but he has an outside chance of being a 4th liner with an edge.

Let's hope you're right

I'd rather keep MSC

Ew. Time to move on

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Getting upset about not getting Tikhonov or comparing him to signing Stalbeg, like you said, is moot. He could have wanted nothing to do with NY.

Same goes with Williams. The Rangers were after to him if you believe Eklund (He was right about the Caps being one of the three teams in pursuit of him). Again he could have just not wanted to come here.

Didn't know about the Eklund rumors as I typically ignore them. If the Rangers were after him and he didn't want to play here its a different story. Why would Wiiliams sign with the Caps over the Rangers?

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
You'd think the Devils should be right after Semin given their barren offense. Granted, he might be a bit young for them, but I feel like he ends up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad