GDT: Free Agency Nonsense Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I really don't think this team will take a flier on Semin as much sense as it makes. They seem to avoid anything even resembling "character issues" like the plague.

And Fast in the top 6 gives me hives. Don't like at all.

I'd expect to see Miller there, actually. Just put Fast there because he came to mind first.

Glass or Fast? Which one is worse? :laugh:

Wait, wat?

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Didn't like Miller with Kreider and Stepan honestly. Don't think they go well together.

Miller wasn't bad with Brass and Nash when Zucc was out, but that ship has sailed since Zucc will be back :) Fast had good chemistry with Step and Kreider, but I don't think he brings enough offense to play top 6.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I think this lineup is missing another top-6 winger. Otherwise guys will be playing in roles they shouldn't be. Ideally anyway.

Nash-Brass-Zucc- 1st scoring line
Kreider-Step-Xxx- slightly more DZ starts than OZ
Etem-Hayes-Miller OZ sheltered starts
Stalberg-Moore-Fast- shutdown line.

Problems: Where does Lindberg fit, and how do we get a top-6 winger.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We're not discussing who is and who is not a real fan. It's a total dead end. We're all fans, that's why we're here. People aren't "fake fans" because they disagree with you. Cut that out. Thanks.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Caps sign the best winger on the market for a cheap price. He adds experience to a youthful 2nd line. Division keeps getting better.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think this lineup is missing another top-6 winger. Otherwise guys will be playing in roles they shouldn't be. Ideally anyway.

How I feel for the most part.

God Semin just looks so good on that 2RW.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

Semin seems like the only viable option at 2RW if we can fit him within the cap situation at around 2Mil. and I don't see a spot for Lindberg accept for fighting for 4th line LW with Stalberg or being the 13th forward now. or maybe a Stalberg and Lindberg rotation.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
IMO there really is no other option than Semin since Williams is off the market, I don't see Joel Ward as a 2nd liner, nor do I like him that much at 2RW. If any of you could list someone who could play top 6 minutes at RW and they are right handed then go right ahead and tell me, I can't think of anyone other than Semin though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Might get shot for this but I'd play Stalberg in the top 9.

IMO he's penciled in. Has a 22 goal year to his name. Averages 31 points per 82, 36 taking out his outlier year in 13-14. That's not a 4th liner on any planet in this universe.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Interesting combo, two guys who can drive the net hard and a guy who can put passes on their sticks.

Yep. I don't think he's a great fit with Hayes. He needs someone who can make plays and shoot off the pass, AKA Miller. Etem can drive the net and use his speed to stretch the defense.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
If they don't sign anyone else I think that signals that they intend to play him top 9.

See who fits better with Kreider-Stepan out of Miller and Etem.

Kreider-Stepan-Etem
Stalberg-Hayes-Miller

I don't like Stalberg on the 4th line for the same reasons I didn't like Hagelin on the 4th line. I think he can be very useful as a utility player in the top 9, just not a player counted on for scoring. His ability to do "little things" to make his linemates better outweighs the potential matchup problems he'd create being on the 4th line.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Yep. I don't think he's a great fit with Hayes. He needs someone who can make plays and shoot off the pass, AKA Miller. Etem can drive the net and use his speed to stretch the defense.

Tbh I have pretty high hopes for Miller this year, Miller showed flashes of improvement earlier last year when he got called up, and he showed a few in the playoffs, specifically game 6 of the ECF. It seems obvious that the Rangers need him to take big strides in his improvement to play a top 6 role... unless they get Semin, of course.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Didn't like Miller with Kreider and Stepan honestly. Don't think they go well together.

Well, I think Miller is more of a top-6 style forward than Fast, and it seems as though management is expecting of those two to fill that RW hole with Stepan/Kreider.

Or, and this is what I'm hoping for, Lindberg impressed big time at camp, allowing us to move Hayes to RW for the time being.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad