Free Agency List

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

You are correct the limit is 50 and all players drafted prior to 2003 do cost $50k each. This is a manual deduction done based on your prospect list at the end of the preseason thereby giving teams the opportunity to trade and/or sign players from their prospect list.

One thing I keep forgetting about for the UFA list. All players listed as unsigned RFA's on the prospect list (ie the team qualified them last season but never reached a final agreement) effectively become UFA's this July 1st as per HFNHL rules.
This is not very notable this year as Mr Swingstein did an excellent job of soliciting offers from other teams so as to ensure his clients got paid this past season.

Josh you may want to consider removing them from the prospect lists effective July 10th (or whenever the submission deadline is).

Everyone should remember this is a one time per annum opportunity. You may not cut prospects after the required date. The majority of teams are, or will be after adding this years prospects, over the 50 player maximum so please make sure to submit your cuts. Unfortunately, due to inaction by some teams, we had to implement a penalty for non-compliance a couple of seasons back. I think it is $200k for non-compliant teams.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
kasper11 said:
Can we drop players on our prospect list that are in Europe?

This is an interesting question. When a player goes to play in Europe, does this allow HfNHL teams out of their contract obligations with that player?

i.e. Sylvain Lefebvre. Playing in Europe. His contract with the Flames is 1.5 million for 2 more years. If he stays in Europe he will move to the prospects list. Can I then release him during this prospect release, making him a UFA, and get out of that obligation?

Mar 1, 2002
Question:

Will the "Bank" information be updated so that GM's know exactly how much they have to play with for free agents?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
mashcanada said:
This is an interesting question. When a player goes to play in Europe, does this allow HfNHL teams out of their contract obligations with that player?

i.e. Sylvain Lefebvre. Playing in Europe. His contract with the Flames is 1.5 million for 2 more years. If he stays in Europe he will move to the prospects list. Can I then release him during this prospect release, making him a UFA, and get out of that obligation?

Yes, this gives you an "out" for that player. But remember they get moved to the Prospect list after the season starts in which they've committed to a European team, so generally it means you have to hold onto that player on your prospect list for one full seaosn before you can release them. Still, $50,000 in prospect fee is better than getting stuck with the player's salary, most times.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Gents - a few updates to the list, in particular the removal of Alexei Yashin, Maxim Balmochnyh, Igor Valeev, Jeff Panzer and Mike Stutzel, and the movement of Sheldon Souray to the RFA list. As well, Jim Fahey (San Jose) has been added to the RFA list.

Be sure to check all of the players you are making offers to on the message board before you send in your offers, as there have been several edits to the master list over the last week.

Dion, perhaps you can update the web page list as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->