Salary Cap: Free Agency IX | All Pens FA News, Legit FA Rumors, Trade Ideas Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
https://twitter.com/THNKenCampbell
Ken Campbell @THNKenCampbell · 3h
Ryan O'Reilly asking for $6.75 million in arbitration. Avs offering $5.525 million. O'Reilly elects one-year deal.

http://t.co/ODLfOr7rmu

Arbitration date for ROR is Wednesday. No longterm deal likely at this point. He takes a one year deal, they go through this again. Two years, he's a UFA.

Should be interesting. Hopefully JR likes him and is offering up our stable of young D-men.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
"Albino-Rhino" The(Horn)Quest

Or...just "RHINO"

"White Rhino"?

He goes into the dirty area's blind of fear.

140595772039432_zps896fcf57.gif

I don't know what any of this means but I like it.

dbell646

Jun 3, 2014
Ryan O'Reilly asking for $6.75 million in arbitration. Avs offering $5.525 million. O'Reilly elects one-year deal.

Arbitration date for ROR is Wednesday. No longterm deal likely at this point. He takes a one year deal, they go through this again. Two years, he's a UFA.

Should be interesting. Hopefully JR likes him and is offering up our stable of young D-men.

What would you be willing to move for him? Martin I assume would have to be included due to our cap situation. I think you are looking at a pretty hefty package. It'd take something like Bennett+Pouliot+1st but our cap situation prohibits that

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I really don't want him if he's not already locked down long term unless he's way cheaper than he will be. Take whatever you're willing to spend on him and target someone locked down long term.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If its 1 year that means they can't trade him right? seems like he's destined to hit free agency in 2016.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
What would you be willing to move for him? Martin I assume would have to be included due to our cap situation. I think you are looking at a pretty hefty package. It'd take something like Bennett+Pouliot+1st but our cap situation prohibits that

No, I will not trade Bennett, at all. Sutter+Martin/Pouliot+1st would be the likely package.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

If the Pens traded for and signed ROR for 6+, I hope you wouldn't get too attached to Letang or Maatta (if they weren't involved in the trade). They would either need to move Letang or wouldn't be able to afford what Maatta is going to get when his EL is over.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I really don't want him if he's not already locked down long term unless he's way cheaper than he will be. Take whatever you're willing to spend on him and target someone locked down long term.

I think it's worth exploring. Arbitration is all about coming in higher than what you'll accept from the player's POV and lower from the team's.

If he'd take 6.5 longterm, I think it's a no brainer. Depends what JR can do to make it work under the cap.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think it's worth exploring. Arbitration is all about coming in higher than what you'll accept from the player's POV and lower from the team's.

If he'd take 6.5 longterm, I think it's a no brainer. Depends what JR can do to make it work under the cap.

I wouldn't trust him to be willing to sign for 6.5 long term.

So according to wikipedia the Avalanche can't take him to arbitration again.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

I think a lot of that would depend on the Sutter and Spaling contracts. Obviously, Martin would have to be the main piece going to Colorado.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I wouldn't trust him to be willing to sign for 6.5 long term.

So according to wikipedia the Avalanche can't take him to arbitration again.

We're not trading valuable roster players without knowing what he wants, obviously. Avs would never get anywhere near full value without having inquiring GMs talk to his agent.

I really think this is all about them not wanting to pay him more than Duchene. But who knows. Maybe he just wants to go to free agency.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think a lot of that would depend on the Sutter and Spaling contracts. Obviously, Martin would have to be the main piece going to Colorado.

I would definitely think Sutter is going the other way along with a D-man. Having a two way presence like ROR alongside Sid with Spaling and Goc as your 3rd and 4th line centers makes Sutter easily expendable.

Rather overpay a 1st line talent a little bit up front than a high end 3rd/low end 2nd line talent like Sutter.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I would definitely think Sutter is going the other way along with a D-man. Having a two way presence like ROR alongside Sid with Spaling and Goc as your 3rd and 4th line centers makes Sutter easily expendable.

Rather overpay a 1st line talent a little bit up front than a high end 3rd/low end 2nd line talent like Sutter.

I'm not necessarily opposed to that, but is that what Colorado wants? I would think they need a top pairing defenseman like Martin way more than they need a 3C.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If the Pens traded for and signed ROR for 6+, I hope you wouldn't get too attached to Letang or Maatta (if they weren't involved in the trade). They would either need to move Letang or wouldn't be able to afford what Maatta is going to get when his EL is over.

Not true. The salary cap will continue to rise and more than make up for it. We will be letting Martin go either in this trade or at end of season. Ehrhoff may be retained, but he may not and we have other youngsters on D. Maatta will probably get a bridge deal next as I don't see him being a star defender in 2 years.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm totally down with ROR for 6.5 long term. JR would have to talk to his agent and get a verbal agreement before giving up assets in a trade. I still think the deal is Sutter+Maatta/Pouliot. I'd hate giving up Maatta, but for ROR I think it's worth it. I'd rather move Martin over Maatta, I'm just not sure Colorado would do it.

That doesn't fit under the cap, so you'd have to move one of Duper or Scuds in a subsequent deal.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'm not necessarily opposed to that, but is that what Colorado wants? I would think they need a top pairing defenseman like Martin way more than they need a 3C.

Sutter yes. Martin yes. Duchene, Mackinnon, Sutter down the middle would be great for them. Only other 3Cs they might have would be Talbot and Briere. Martin would give them a solid top 4.

Martin-EJ
Stuart-Barrie

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

Losing Stastny and ROR in the same offseason? They need someone like Sutter IMO. And they need defense as well. Preferably a longterm parter for EJ.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sutter yes. Martin yes. Duchene, Mackinnon, Sutter down the middle would be great for them. Only other 3Cs they might have would be Talbot and Briere. Martin would give them a solid top 4.

Martin-EJ
Stuart-Barrie

I only see them wanting Martin if he entertains re-signing there.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't know what any of this means but I like it.

Hornqvist <=> Hornquest which = Stanley Cup

All NHL players quests = Stanley Cup.

Where the white rhino (albino rhino) comes in:

Patrick Hornqvist = Rhino who have Horn(s), and Hornqvist is light haired/skinned which = white/albino Rhino.

i
albino_animals_03.jpg

Hope that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->