Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Who are we getting?

Season starts soon.

Let's go.

I'd hope Army would put a premium on maintaining roster-flexibility and not max out the cap prior to the season starting. I'd be surprised if any significant changes were made, unless we were shipping a salary out in the process.

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
It is eerily quiet on the Hoffman front. Has anyone heard or read anything regarding him? Not just in terms of the Blues, but anyone else. As all the other dominoes fall, it’s strange that we are hearing nothing at all about him.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It is eerily quiet on the Hoffman front. Has anyone heard or read anything regarding him? Not just in terms of the Blues, but anyone else. As all the other dominoes fall, it’s strange that we are hearing nothing at all about him.
I’d read Boston has interest. I’d also read he and his agent deliberately shut down things until now after they got the first round of offers.

I’d assumed he had a deal agreed to in principle that just needed to give the team flexibility to get their Cap in order. I really thought that was St Louis, especially because we’d have heard about it through leaks if it were a lot of other teams, but not from Armstrong. I still think it’s pretty likely he signs with the Blues.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I go back and forth on Hoffman, part of me wants to add him and the other part wants to elevate someone like Kyrou and see what he can do with it. On the other hand we know Tarasenko is going to miss at least a month or so and with the shortened season we can't afford a slow start. We also don't know how long it will take Tarasenko to get up to speed. That makes Hoffman's 30ish goals very valuable.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I go back and forth on Hoffman, part of me wants to add him and the other part wants to elevate someone like Kyrou and see what he can do with it. On the other hand we know Tarasenko is going to miss at least a month or so and with the shortened season we can't afford a slow start. We also don't know how long it will take Tarasenko to get up to speed. That makes Hoffman's 30ish goals very valuable.
Kyrou needs a good look this year for sure. He has sort of reached that point in his development where he has to take that next step or run the risk of being tweeter fodder.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’d much rather Kyrou force his way in the lineup than we watch him waste a slot that was gifted to him. If they can add a player of Hoffman’s quality to the roster without subtracting anyone, that’s a no-brainer. If Tarasenko contributes this year, even better.

Reactions: tfriede2

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Kyrou needs a good look this year for sure. He has sort of reached that point in his development where he has to take that next step or run the risk of being tweeter fodder.
ty_rattie_st_louis.jpg

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

This is Kyrou make or break year. If he has very good year, the Blues will protect him in expansion draft 100% no doubt. But if he still isn't developing, I can see the Blues leaving him exposed.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->