Free Agency and Trade Thread: Off-season alive and well ... for some!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Maybe 1st + Kapanen but Don’t think they’d want to give up Dumba. But I’d have interest in Niederreiter and Coyle who have been linked to trade rumours
I’d gladly take Ennis for Niederreiter if we had to only give a small price (no first no top prospect: kappy, lilly, Dermott, Johnsson)

Reactions: Menzinger

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
No, I do...

I'd rather keep that 7M for opportunities that may arise later in the off-season or during the season up until the trade deadline.

I certainly wouldn't want to blow almost 5M of it just to acquire a mid-round pick.

Also, I don't see the Sharks giving up real value to save the cap hit that the buyout of Martin would be taking up.

I gotta disagree. We have 7m free after signing a 13 million contract (that most likely won't happen). So if in all likelihood, we have significantly more than 7m in room. If the purpose of saving the space is so we can trade a bunch of high picks for overprised rentals - I'll take the mid round pick.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I do wonder if Zaitsev could tempt Chia for Klefbom

I think they'd be more tempted with Gardiner, who makes more sense to trade anyways. Klefbolm with Zaitsev would be a pretty good 2nd pairing I would think. If not, then Dermott can probably handle Zaitsev if Klefbolm gets a good partner to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad