Free Agency and Trade Thread: Off-season alive and well ... for some!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I imagine they hold off all trade announcements today until the draft starts?

Still lots of time for trades to be announced. As the GMs make their way to the draft floor, there will be that dead time just before the draft as they set up.

But for the next few hours I imagine anything can happen.

Lots of rumours, Hawks shopping #27 OA... wonder for what...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I don't see a reason for Calgary to rush and try and get a 1st round pick just because they don't draft that often. They've got a youngish group already.

This isn't news to everyone.

We already posted that this morning and Treliving talked about giving the Humbolt sons something to do Friday night.

Said he already wanted something for Friday, but he said getting the 2 boys at his table as runners was further incentive to investigate (of course this is partially in jest) but he's made no secret all week he's wanted a pick for tonight.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Still lots of time for trades to be announced. As the GMs make their way to the draft floor, there will be that dead time just before the draft as they set up.

But for the next few hours I imagine anything can happen.

Lots of rumours, Hawks shopping #27 OA... wonder for what...

I'm guessing you can have the 27OA if you take Toews off their hands and cap. :eek:

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I dont think you fully understand how flexible we are. Even if we sign Tavares to 13 m and Nylander to 7m, we will still have around 7m of unused space.

No, I do...

I'd rather keep that 7M for opportunities that may arise later in the off-season or during the season up until the trade deadline.

I certainly wouldn't want to blow almost 5M of it just to acquire a mid-round pick.

Also, I don't see the Sharks giving up real value to save the cap hit that the buyout of Martin would be taking up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Day 2 is usually the more active day trade wise.

Usually only 2-5 trades on Day 1

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So Jeff Skinner going where?

How much value does a Skinner have? About the same that van Riemsdyk would have landed last year?
Probably a bit more but I may be wrong. I would think they'd be targeting a similar player but of a younger age, or a centre. I would thunk they'd need his goal scoring skill though.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
2018 bc‏ @bobbycappucino
FollowFollow @bobbycappucino
More
BREAKING: There is chatter that the Islanders are offering their two 1sts++ for Artemi Panarin so Tavares stays, but CBJ are tantalized moreso by Toronto's package of Brown, Nielsen, and a 2nd.

I'm not sure on which planet, Brown, Nielsen and a second are worth more than Two firsts... but I'm just copying and pasting what idiocy I read.

Bobby latte is far better source than bobby cappuccino

Reactions: supermann_98

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Would love three trades to happen:

Get Andersson or Adam Fox from the Flames for one of the Leafs wingers.

Get take Ennis + sweetner from the Wild

Convince Chia that’s Zaitsev is worth the 10th overall*

*a long shot but Chia will Chia

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Would love three trades to happen:

Get Andersson or Adam Fox from the Flames for one of the Leafs wingers.

Get take Ennis + sweetner from the Wild

Convince Chia that’s Zaitsev is worth the 10th overall*

*a long shot but Chia will Chia

I prefer Andersson as he's NHL ready.

Ennis + Brodin/Dumba would clear a crap ton cap space for the Wild... Just not sure of the price?

Zaitsev for the 10th pick would be interesting... but the Leafs would create a bit of a whole defensively.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I prefer Andersson as he's NHL ready.

Ennis + Brodin/Dumba would clear a crap ton cap space for the Wild... Just not sure of the price?

Zaitsev for the 10th pick would be interesting... but the Leafs would create a bit of a whole defensively.
We wouldn't be able to get the tenth for Zaitsev, not even from Chia... at least I don't think he would go that far. Would our first be able to get us Ennis + Dumba?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
We wouldn't be able to get the tenth for Zaitsev, not even from Chia... at least I don't think he would go that far. Would our first be able to get us Ennis + Dumba?

Maybe 1st + Kapanen but Don’t think they’d want to give up Dumba. But I’d have interest in Niederreiter and Coyle who have been linked to trade rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->