Post-Game Talk: Free Agency 2023 "OH NO FOMO season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
If Trotz couldn't trade Duchene for a return he liked before his NTC kicking in, it would have been impossible afterwards, so perhaps that was just his deadline for trade negotiations.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I dunno, I'm not sold Trotz is going to do a whole lot else other than plug the kids in unless someone makes him an offer he can't refuse.

He may move a Dman, but I'm not even sold he thinks he needs to do that.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Given our logjam at D, at Fabbro <-> an equivalent forward seems logical at this point
I would think he would trade one of our older RHD like Carrier or Barrie before Fabbro at this point. We picked up Schenn as the aging grizzled vet RHD and i still dont see us carrying Barrie past this season.

Im thinking we might pick up someone like Lee bailey for the 4th line as an upgrade over smith or sherwood still.

Last edited:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If Trotz couldn't trade Duchene for a return he liked before his NTC kicking in, it would have been impossible afterwards, so perhaps that was just his deadline for trade negotiations.
His deadline was simply the day the NHL Buyout window closed. When that date arrived and he had no trade offers, he pulled the trigger on the buyout.

Same day. Buyouts ended June 30th ... last day before M-NTC was June 30th.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think he would've rounded out our middle 6 while still giving him opportunity to show something.
Probably, but you have to think he's looking at the best opportunity to put up big numbers and get a better long term deal. I'm guessing he feels like SJ is a better place for that

Reactions: Flgatorguy87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad