GDT: Free Agency 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Windows are a stupid concept. You predefine a period where a team can win based on today's knowledge and the little you can predict about tomorrow. That's "the window". Then some unforseen things happen, some moves are made, the CBA changes, etc., and it all goes out the ****ing window. Discussion of windows is all conjecture.

Ever we seek to oversimplify reality for the purposes of arrogantly satisfying our desire to feel greater degrees of confidence about the complex world around us.

Always my frustrations with terms such as windows, competitors, and generational players.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
The Rangers window hasn't even opened yet. Kakko and Kravtsov haven't even played a game in the NHL yet and we don't know exactly what caliber of players we have for the majority of the team.
There's still lots of question marks around players like Chytil, Howden, Kravtsov, Fox, etc. Let's just enjoy the ride for now and watch how they develop.
It’s a little late for that, buddy.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
no I think that was always going to be a question with Zibanejad. Sign him or let him walk, etc. Always going to be an evaluation of where the team was at at that point

my ideal scenario would be to land a future 1C in the 2020 draft...have that kid slots behind zib and then in a few years when that kid is ready to be the #1 it gives you to stick with the 1-2 punch or move out zib while he's still good...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Ever we seek to oversimplify reality for the purposes of arrogantly satisfying our desire to feel greater degrees of confidence about the complex world around us.

Always my frustrations with terms such as windows, competitors, and generational players.
Contenders is my favorite invisible line.

Reactions: Fitzy

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Hank, Staal, Smith, ****ty coming off before anyone else needs to be paid.

Fail to see how the window will be only 3 years
If so, then panarin isn’t expected to be a significant part of it, and his cap hit serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
So windows are dumb, yet when the Rangers were renting every year that was something people supported, right?

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
my ideal scenario would be to land a future 1C in the 2020 draft...have that kid slots behind zib and then in a few years when that kid is ready to be the #1 it gives you to stick with the 1-2 punch or move out zib while he's still good...

You really think this team will be bad enough to land a top 5 pick next season? I think the lose for_____ or suck for________ ship has sailed.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

That’s a nice plan. There was also a plan to get that player in this past draft, but Edmonton and Colorado didn’t give a rat’s ass about that plan.

Reactions: Leetch3

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
As crazy as it sounds, and I know there are major cap problems with this idea that would need to be addressed, I think the rangers need to put an offer out there for Gusev.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
As crazy as it sounds, and I know there are major cap problems with this idea that would need to be addressed, I think the rangers need to put an offer out there for Gusev.

If they had/have a plan to move a bunch of cap space that is for sure gonna happen it's worth a look...but it is another winger. Like, I wouldn't be trading Buchnevich just to sign Gusev or something

Reactions: Wakko4Kakko

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

giphy.gif

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

I fail to see how adding another skilled wing the Rangers ‘need’ to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad