Fredrik Claesson

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Hilarious. Have you even seen a game ? The Bsens have lost every game they've played since Boro went down. Claesson will be good down the road but your assessment is dead wrong. The reason Boro is such a great hitter is because he's a great skater.... not to mention he's already proven he's NHL ready. Nationality has everything to do with it for many on these boards.

Why would a bunch of Canadians prefer a Swede over a Canadian because of nationality? Boro is from Ottawa FFS.

Boro was intense and aggressive during his callup earlier. Unfortunately it translated into him taking a ton of penalties. That's not going to help the team much.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
False. But I wouldn't want to deal Boro though. He's the type of guy that steps up whenever his team needs him.

Imagine Phillips+Neil together. That's Boro.

I see him as a poor man's Bieksa, although I like the Neil comparison. He plays bigger than he is, he's all heart, and he'll do whatever it takes to win.

Boro is a winner and a leader and should be kept for these intangibles alone.

newtron

Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa
I could be wrong, but is his coach not a good comparison?

From what I remember of Luke Richardson's playing days, he loved to go for the open ice hits, was a solid stay-at-home guy and would stick up for teammates anytime. Sounds like Boro.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I prefer Claesson to Boro is because of his style of play. I find Claesson better with the puck and knows better when to hit.

Boro is like Gryba and Cowen. We have guys like him. Big hits that leave him out of position.

Claesson has a more rounded game.

Both can be valuable to the team, just preference to the puck moving over the play stopping hits.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I prefer Claesson to Boro is because of his style of play. I find Claesson better with the puck and knows better when to hit.

Boro is like Gryba and Cowen. We have guys like him. Big hits that leave him out of position.

Claesson has a more rounded game.

Both can be valuable to the team, just preference to the puck moving over the play stopping hits.

The thing I value most about Boro is his work ethic; from all accounts it is through the roof. The problem is his skill level with the puck on his stick. If he can make decisions with the puck a little quicker at the NHL level, and make the crisp passes needed to get out of the zone with speed, he'll be a great asset imo.

Claesson I haven't seen enough of, so I can't really comment on his play, but I put a lot of value in dman's ability to move the puck up ice quickly and efficiently, so if that's him, I'd probably prefer him of Boro as of right now.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
The thing I value most about Boro is his work ethic; from all accounts it is through the roof. The problem is his skill level with the puck on his stick. If he can make decisions with the puck a little quicker at the NHL level, and make the crisp passes needed to get out of the zone with speed, he'll be a great asset imo.

Claesson I haven't seen enough of, so I can't really comment on his play, but I put a lot of value in dman's ability to move the puck up ice quickly and efficiently, so if that's him, I'd probably prefer him of Boro as of right now.

Boro is a hard worker and that is valuable.
Claesson won the same award after Boro won it two years in a row.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
It's telling that all the B-Sens fans prefer Boro and all the Ottawa fans prefer Claesson.

"Caje":

How can you make that statement that all Binghamton fans prefer Boro over Claesson??????????????????

I go to dam near all the home games in Binghamton and have since 1973. With today's technology I can now watch the away games on computer.

I talk to many fans in Binghamton almost daily about hockey we talk a lot on game days.

On the "D" down here yes we all agree Boro, & Claesson are the top 2 far and away......................

Some like Boro due to his physical play, and just as many like Claesson and the game he plays, less flashy protects his goalie and when you look at the stats he is + on most nites.....

I like them both and to be honest am thankful for them without them Binghamton would be 20-25 points lower in the standings.

Now I am wondering how you can make the statement you have and how many Binghamton games have you attended this year???????????

Or are you just talking out your nose??????????

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
The stuff about Boro's skating and puck handling (and "getting out of position") is a myth made up by people who can't grasp the concept of a tough hockey player having other skills. Because he's a warrior, that's all people see.

Watch and listen carefully from a game this year. Just one of many examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alC4kpE3gp4

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
"Caje":

How can you make that statement that all Binghamton fans prefer Boro over Claesson??????????????????

I go to dam near all the home games in Binghamton and have since 1973. With today's technology I can now watch the away games on computer.

I talk to many fans in Binghamton almost daily about hockey we talk a lot on game days.

On the "D" down here yes we all agree Boro, & Claesson are the top 2 far and away......................

Some like Boro due to his physical play, and just as many like Claesson and the game he plays, less flashy protects his goalie and when you look at the stats he is + on most nites.....

I like them both and to be honest am thankful for them without them Binghamton would be 20-25 points lower in the standings.

Now I am wondering how you can make the statement you have and how many Binghamton games have you attended this year???????????

Or are you just talking out your nose??????????

It was a generalization. Seems like most B-Sens fans who post on this forum prefer Boro to Claesson. It seemed to me like most of the people that are posting here saying they prefer Claesson are Ottawa fans who watch a couple B-Sens games a year.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Boro took 9 minor penalties in 13 games. At that rate he would lead the league in minor penalties in most years with ~52 over 82 games. That is ultimately why he was sent back down.

His aggressiveness is good but it was way over the top when he came up to Ottawa, to the point where he was hurting the team with his penalties.

I'll also add that Boro's AHL point totals have been dropping over his 3 seasons now. Maybe he's a good shutdown AHL D-man but it doesn't seem like he'll do it in the NHL.

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
Boro took 9 minor penalties in 13 games. At that rate he would lead the league in minor penalties in most years with ~52 over 82 games. That is ultimately why he was sent back down.

His aggressiveness is good but it was way over the top when he came up to Ottawa, to the point where he was hurting the team with his penalties.

I'll also add that Boro's AHL point totals have been dropping over his 3 seasons now. Maybe he's a good shutdown AHL D-man but it doesn't seem like he'll do it in the NHL.

You've made my point about Boro. People create myths to suit what they believe. Look at the game logs. He had 8 minors. In 3 of them he took someone with him. So that leaves 5 penalties. So fill your boots if you want to believe that taking 5 penalties got him sent to the minors. The real reason he got sent to the minors is that he was the only one that didn't have to clear waivers.

In the AHL, Boro plays against every other team's best players and plays behind the BSens checking line. He isn't granted the luxury of playing with the two scoring lines. He is also their #1 PK man often killing the entire 2 minutes so a big share of his minutes are really hard 4 on 5 minutes.

I don't see every game, but as a big Clarkson U / Boro fan, I make it point to make sure to have an informed opinion

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You've made my point about Boro. People create myths to suit what they believe. Look at the game logs. He had 8 minors. In 3 of them he took someone with him. So that leaves 5 penalties. So fill your boots if you want to believe that taking 5 penalties got him sent to the minors. The real reason he got sent to the minors is that he was the only one that didn't have to clear waivers.

In the AHL, Boro plays against every other team's best players and plays behind the BSens checking line. He isn't granted the luxury of playing with the two scoring lines. He is also their #1 PK man often killing the entire 2 minutes so a big share of his minutes are really hard 4 on 5 minutes.

I don't see every game, but as a big Clarkson U / Boro fan, I make it point to make sure to have an informed opinion

:handclap: Until I see Claesson play in the NHL I'll reserve judgement but at this point Boro's intensity & aggressiveness is exactly what Ottawa needs. It's what people on here are always complaining about Ottawa not showing any passion or energy as a team, Boro certainly brings it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad