Prospect Info: Frederik Dichow Nissen (Signs 2 Year Deal w/Frolunda, 2022-2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Your dominant hand is your stick hand because generally that's the one that is best equipped to handle the weight of the stick and just the same as most shooters are left handed in the NHL, the dominant hand for stickhandling is at the top of the stick for control.

I'm weird, I'm right handed, shoot right and when I play goalie I'm much more comfortable catching right

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm weird, I'm right handed, shoot right and when I play goalie I'm much more comfortable catching right
I'm left handed and played baseball before I ever played hockey, so I was used to catching with my right hand and having my dominant hand on the middle part of the stick. The result is whenever I played hockey as a kid I had a left side stick for when I was playing a regular position and a right side stick for when I was playing goalie :laugh: . Us southpaws are used to having to adapt so that was pretty much par for the course I guess !

Reactions: Gally11

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am right handed and shoot right, but when I play goalie in my pickup games, I have to catch left. I can’t stick handle for crap and have to always flip my goal stick around. This is likely due to always catching left in baseball growing up. A catching mitt on my right is completely alien to me.

Try playing Tennis, it will force you to use both sides. As a kid, I realize pretty quick my right arm was much stronger and more used than my left arm when I played Tennis.

It improved quickly the more I played and practiced.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Try playing Tennis, it will force you to use both sides. As a kid, I realize pretty quick my right arm was much stronger and more used than my left arm when I played Tennis.

It improved quickly the more I played and practiced.

I'm left handed and played baseball before I ever played hockey, so I was used to catching with my right hand and having my dominant hand on the middle part of the stick. The result is whenever I played hockey as a kid I had a left side stick for when I was playing a regular position and a right side stick for when I was playing goalie :laugh: . Us southpaws are used to having to adapt so that was pretty much par for the course I guess !

Funny that you mention this. I'm a lefty; write, bat, throw, shoot left. But plays badminton, ping pong and tennis from the right. My right generates a lot of power on my smashes, more than my left would.

My right has more snap to it, but my left has more power.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
That's very good news! There was no clear road for him to make the big team in Malmo and he needs to play more, the CHL was the obvious choice to make. Sudbury had a good team this year and they're gonna be even better in 20-21 so he'll be well surrounded.
Very interesting prospect. He’s 6’5” too. Hoping he has a good year in Sudbury.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was hoping he would stay in Sweden.

Do I want him to play in the country that has been developing goalies or the country that hasn't? Tough call.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Un déménagement porteur d'espoir pour Frederik Dichow

“It was my first year outside of Denmark in my own apartment. I was recalled by the first team (Malmo Redhawks )where I played nine games. It was a very enriching experience to me.”

“It had always been my wish to come in Canada and play my junior hockey there. But before I got this call, I had no contact with any club... So it was a nice surprise.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-3_16-41-49.png

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I shoot left handed, golf left handed, bat left handed.

But I throw and write right handed.

Actually, when I was younger, I used to write with my left hand too, but was trained to go right handed really early on in my life.

Reactions: Gally11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->