Prospect Info: Frederik Dichow Nissen (Signs 2 Year Deal w/Frolunda, 2022-2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteus

May 11, 2009
The Dane was picked! The Danish goalie was picked!!! By Sudbury!!!!
The plot thickens. Watching the live results and Sudbury doesn't have one pick on the board it seems.
CHL Import Draft.png

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The plot thickens. Watching the live results and Sudbury doesn't have one pick on the board it seems.
View attachment 240689

Well. Some of the names, man. Gaétan Jobin? Should have been a 58 year old from Ste-Julie, nah it's a Swiss kid. Wow. And... Ivan Ivan? Seriously? How many jokes can you make out of that one??

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
since he was a later pick I wonder if he's coming over or not. With Sudbury losing UPL in net to the sabers, I assume that means they have an opening. Perhaps it will come down to what the Habs think is better for him, playing juniors in Sweden or the OHL. If he's in Sudbury at least we would get to see him but I would only want him there if he's going to be the starter.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Which country do you want developing goalies right now?

Sweden Russia or Finland.

Canada is behind the times for goaltending so I really really hope he stays in Sweden

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He still could have been the 7th round pick, instead of Ruscheinski. I cannot believe other teams were even aware of him.

it's impossible for us to know but in talking with the head scout of ISS years ago, he talked about how close the scouting community is and how when you have a guy that is in a off the beaten path area for scouts or under scouted that teams are going to know which had scouts there if they had their scouts there. So clearly the Habs were scouting him and would then likely know who else was doing the same. So at 138th, if you feel the draft at this point is weak then might as well take your guy here then hope he's there at 206. The odds for 5th/6th/7th rounders is so bad, you just hope whatever they liked in said picks that one or two hit every now and then.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Which country do you want developing goalies right now?

Sweden Russia or Finland.

Canada is behind the times for goaltending so I really really hope he stays in Sweden

I wouldn't look at it that way, it's where would rather him develop Malmo J20 or Sudbury? I never saw a J20 game so I don't even know the level of play but i think it's should be down to the organization not the country. That said it didn't seem to hurt UPL who is one of the top goalie prospects in the world and the OHL is imo the best junior league in the world if I had to pick one. So is he better off facing shooters from the OHL or in the J20? I would think the OHL.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wouldn't look at it that way, it's where would rather him develop Malmo J20 or Sudbury? I never saw a J20 game so I don't even know the level of play but i think it's should be down to the organization not the country. That said it didn't seem to hurt UPL who is one of the top goalie prospects in the world and the OHL is imo the best junior league in the world if I had to pick one. So is he better off facing shooters from the OHL or in the J20? I would think the OHL.

Well the quality of shooters matters somewhat but if you're being taught shit goaltending fundamentals and theory during critical years of development, it can hurt as well.

Canada is frankly behind the times in terms of developing goalies and implementing the new goaltending fundamentals. So I'm not very confident in putting a raw prospect in Canada.

Reactions: Toene

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well the quality of shooters matters somewhat but if you're being taught **** goaltending fundamentals and theory during critical years of development, it can hurt as well.

Canada is frankly behind the times in terms of developing goalies and implementing the new goaltending fundamentals. So I'm not very confident in putting a raw prospect in Canada.

Makes sense what you are saying but I just think it's too broad to look at it as country vs country. Sudbury has a young guy as their goalie coach, Alain Valiquette, don't know anything about him.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Makes sense what you are saying but I just think it's too broad to look at it as country vs country. Sudbury has a young guy as their goalie coach, Alain Valiquette, don't know anything about him.

UPL loved working with Valiquette for what that's worth, and UPL's development in Sudbury can't be denied.

We were a 91 point team with UPL and were very young. The core returns and with Dichow as the starter (there's literally no competition, he would walk in as the #1 guy) we could he around there again, with the conference weaker than last year. I think there's more than a good argument for him to come over, but I can't say I know anything about Swedish junior hockey so I'm sure he'll choose whatever he feels is best for him.

I think for Euro goalies especially, it can help alot to transition in the CHL prior to the AHL. More comfortable environment to learn the NA game.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
In April when he signed with Malmö Redhawks, famous Swedish hockey journalist Johan Svensson (mrmadhawks) made an article about Frederik Dichow. It can be found here.

A rough translation to English:

Malmö Redhawks recruits a new junior goalkeeper, who will act as third goaltender for the A-team.
The Danish national team goaltender, Frederik Dichow, is ready for the club.
"We are extremely proud to be able to sign a goaltender with Frederiks quality", says Redhawks goaltender coach Henning Sohlberg.
The idea is that Dichow will play on the Junior 20 team.
But he will probably also act as third goaltender for the A-team.
"He will belong to the Junior 20 team the next season and will then certainly participate in most of the training with the A team", Sohlberg says.
Right now, the 18-year-old U18 player is playing for Denmark. He has impressed during the tournament, and has been voted the best goaltender in the WJC-18 D1A tournament.
"He is one of Denmark's greatest talents. After careful scouting, conversation with Frederik, and many good recommendations from goaltender-coaches, we have been able to sign him", says Henning Sohlberg.
What are his strengths?
"He has a good way to read the game. But above all he saves pucks, he not only gets hit because of his size".
"We think Frederik will have a continued good development in our organization", says Sohlberg.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
haven't heard anything about him signing with Sudbury so I'm assuming he'll play in the J20 next year. Found this article after the CHL draft,

Wolves add Danish goalie, Finnish defenceman in CHL Import Draft

“He’s a guy our European scout was really high on,” Papineau said. “We had some discussions in at the draft in Vancouver about him and spoke briefly with Montreal about him. Like all of these players who are coming over from the other side, there’s always a lot of work to be done after the draft, but he’s just a guy who has that big size, he’s got quick hands and he had an outstanding U18s, he was great for Denmark and really stood tall for them. He adds some depth to our organization, which is huge for us, and obviously with Ukko graduating, we’re really pretty young, pretty inexperienced still, so it was important for our team to take the best player available and when we got there, that was Frederik.”

“These are two guys who we think can help and who we want, and we look forward to the summer and trying to work all of that out to make it happen,” Papineau said.

Sudbury made Dichow, an 18-year-old native of Vojens, Denmark and a fifth-round pick of the Montreal Canadiens, the 41st-overall selection in Thursday’s draft, giving the 6-foot-5, 192-pounder an opportunity to battle for the starter’s spot recently vacated by Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, alongside the likes of Mitchell Weeks, Jonathan Lemaire, David Bowen and Nicholas Heinzle.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just got to watch the final minutes of a Denmark/Germany friendly where Dichow was in nets for Denmark. The Danes won 3-2. The final few minutes I watched was when Germany pulled their goalie and had the extra attacker. Clearly not enough to gauge this goalie, but he did shut the door on a few shots as Germany was buzzing around the net.

Reactions: canadiensnation

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Denmark is about to start their game against Slovakia in the U20 Four Nations summer tournament in Poprad, Slovakia.

The teams taking part are host Slovakia, Denmark (Nissen), Germany, and Czech U19.

Today is the last day of the last day of the tournament.

Edit: Looking at the line-ups, it doesn't seem like Nissen is playing this game.

Edit 2: Nissen played the first two games in this tournament. In the first, Denmark lost 4-1 to Czech u19. In the second game, Denmark beat Germany 3-2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->