Value of: Frederik Andersen

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Andersen did have a rough night yesterday :laugh:
As for the OP, Bob and Price created a 3.5M gap between them and Fleury, who's currently the third highest paid goalie. I believe Andersen will fit nicely in the 8-9M range.
Lundqvist is at 8.5.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
talking about Rask 13 years ago?

philly traded bobrovsky. Ottawa traded Bishop. Binnington was waived a year ago.....

Heck didn’t Boston let binnington play on their minor league team?

Pretty good way to learn the pp systems and 5 on 5 schemes for the cup final

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Personally I don't think we will have the cap space for him in two years time. Reilly will be commanding 10+ Million and unless we go with all rookies on our D Corp we are likely gonna try to go after somebody like Pietro next summer. Add the fact that Andersen will be 32 when his new deal kicks in and he hasn't exactly been Hasek in net the past two playoff runs means a lot.

We have two hot shot prospects in Woll and Scott and while they are likely a few years away I think they are going to be where we are looking for our Goalie in two years time.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Let me know when you come up with a team that's traded away a goalie like Tuuka Rask before he ever played an NHL game...I'll wait...

I will sit here and wait for a worse trade example.
Well to be fair the Bruins traded Dryden to the Habs before he ever played an NHL game.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Lundqvist is at 8.5.

Oops Fleury is the 4th highest paid goalie. My point was that a lot of goalies still have "cheap" contracts, so I would think that Andersen falls short of Price/Bob money, but he might slot above the 7M range considering contracts are always increasing.

Although Holtby will be the next high paid goalie so I'm guessing Andersen's contract to be under that one

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If it's north of 6, then so be it, but I still don't think he's elite.
We have no viable replacement right now.
That may change, but I doubt it.
This Organization hasn't drafted a decent goalie since Tuuka, which we promptly traded away.

Who knows where our cap will be, I suppose it will depend on what we do with Muzzin and Barrie, I have a hard time believing the leafs let Freddy walk regardless.

We can and we will.

Andersen obviously has some say in the matter, but if you look at his stats compared to other similar goalies - Hellebuyck/Holtby/Rask, I would think Andersen's new deal will be North of $6 per season. Given inflation of the cap, he could be closer to $7.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I'm talking about fans calling the team a "contender" despite them never having won a playoff round.

I'm talking about fans pretending Auston Matthews is a top two or three player in the league and him being paid as such.

I'm talking about fans asking if the Maple Leafs power play was going to be the "best ever in the history of the league."

I'm talking about fans claiming last season that Rielly was having a Norris Trophy season and Andersen would be nominated for a Vezina.

Just look at these boards, there's a long history of some Maple Leaf fans lauding accolades and credit on the team for things they simply haven't achieved yet.
Well I’m glad you’re the authority to point out how wrong overly happy some fans can get. Never mind the fact that fans of all teams do the same thing. Toronto just has a way bigger fan base. Some fans get excited. You just seem like you want to stick it to leafs fans like they did you dirty.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
No way does he get anywhere near Bob money, Leafs will probably re-sign. what other options do they have? Unless they make a trade
Theres two good goalie prospects in the system. Whether they're ready by then is the obvious question.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
yeah, this would be running to a bottom feeder like detroit, LA, etc
Max I see the leafs offering is 7mil (Rask $$$). Would make him the 4th highest in the league.
If he wants Price/Bob money as a tneder that has never won a vezina, it won't be in TO.

Rask, Binnington, Dubnyk, Raanta, Grubaeur, Mrazek, Rittich... pretty good year to be in the market for a goalie.
As a leaf fan I'd have no problem with Dubnyk for 2-3 years

I think you're very, very misguided. As it stands right now I believe Andersen is the most valuable goalie scheduled to he a UFA in 2021. Dubnyk will be 35 so 3 years of him is a 38 year old goalie who has had an up and down career. Rask will be 34, Andersen however is at 32 which I'd argue is still prime for goalies.

The rest of the goalie on the list are still question marks. Can Rittich be a consistent starting goalie? Can Raanta stay healthy? Can Binnington duplicate his last year success? Mrazek and Grubauer are still 1b/fringe starters. Of course those questions will be answered by 2021 but as it stands I think Andersen is the youngest of the veterans (signing a 35 year old Rask or Dubnyk for multiple years is risky) and significantly more proven than the rest. Hes top end.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Lightning will give you a 7th if you promise to keep Andersen and start him whenever you play us.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Not overly concerned about this situation

1.5 years away so a lot can change over that time span.

We currently have Woll and Scott as two pretty good prospects that are trending upwards.

This is a discussion that doesn't even need to start happening until next fall when we take stock of the team in terms of contending and the options in the pipeline.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Only way he gets moved is the Leafs have someone better in the system or a better goalie becomes available through trade or free agency. As to the first there still a few years away for any goalie prospects. Free agency costs too much and trades are often mixed bags.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I never said we were?
But I'd say the leafs are the most notable culprits.

Let me know when you come up with a team that's traded away a goalie like Tuuka Rask before he ever played an NHL game...I'll wait...

And don't tell me we didn't know Tuuka was good at the time. he was the best goalie at the world juniors by a long shot and the only explanation for trading him is pure ignorance and stupidity.

Plenty of goalie prospects don't make it. But wouldn't you rather have more eggs in the basket rather than trading that for 1 good season from Andrew Raycroft?

I will sit here and wait for a worse trade example.
Without bothering to read. That Hasek trade to Buffalo was pretty good. With Belfour though, not really comparable. Sabres also traded Tom Barasso after he won a Calder.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
that martin Brodeur still looks like he has it in the car rental commercials.

do you think he would come out of retirement to play for babs?

not sure what kind of pj's he wears

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Leafs are going to do everything they can to re-sign him I imagine. But he will be 32 to start the contract and I think the Leafs tell him he needs to choose $ or the chance to win with them.

If they are lucky, Woll has a good year this year, then is a backup the following year so they at least have an idea how quickly he could be ready.

Leafs will want a 3 year type deal....Freddy a 4+. It could be a cup winning or losing decision.

If the bolded is right, then we should expect another 10 mils/season plus contract..

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
As a Leaf fan I've always thought Andersen was a little overrated. I dont think he is a top ten goalie in the league and I dont see him as the type of goalie to steal a series of needed in the playoffs. TBH I think the Leafs were the better team last year. That is debatable but the series was close as was the year before. At the end of the day in game 7 Rask outplayed him. I'm not for trading him because there is no real alternative but in 2 years unless we have had some major success in the playoffs I'm more than fine letting him walk. At the wrong side of 30 I dont see why would try to sign him unless he lead us to a cup. Woll and Scott both look to be very good prospects down the road and if they aren't ready or panning out there is always some good bargains on goalies in the offseason. I'm not concerned with this at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->