Injury Report: Frederik Andersen UPD - Practiced Monday

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think it's less about a reward and more about being extra cautious with Andy - especially with the Leafs having 5 games in 7 nights next week, where they may need to start Andy on a back to back next weekend. The rationale being McBackup has played well and can give the team a chance to win.

I'm okay with it myself.

For sure. We need to be cautious here and McBackup will likely get one or two starts next week anyway. Reward has nothing to do with it, we're in the business of making the playoffs, not rewarding a backup who did his job one night. :laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Reward might have been the wrong word to use but I don't think there's anything wrong with playing the backup again after a strong performance while your starter is just getting healthy.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
For sure. We need to be cautious here and McBackup will likely get one or two starts next week anyway. Reward has nothing to do with it, we're in the business of making the playoffs, not rewarding a backup who did his job one night. :laugh:

Let's say we still need to lock up a divisional spot on the last day of the season, Leafs would start CMac? I doubt it. Andersen will get a start on back-to-back nights.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Reward might have been the wrong word to use but I don't think there's anything wrong with playing the backup again after a strong performance while your starter is just getting healthy.

Andersen is our #1, if he's 100% he'll play. Strong play from the backup just means that if Andersen is say only 98%, they have less temptation to rush him back.

Let's say we still need to lock up a divisional spot on the last day of the season, Leafs would start CMac? I doubt it. Andersen will get a start on back-to-back nights.

I agree, that's exactly what I had in mind when I said McBackup will likely get one or two starts next week. I think he gets the Tuesday game for sure and after that, it depends. Who knows, if we clinch before the weekend, maybe McBackup gets 3 starts. :)

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
But I was asking the time the team arrives? How many hours from now on starting: NOW?!?! When Babcock gets out of the plane I mean. And tells the name?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Sparks sent back to the Marlies. Looks like Andersen is good to go!

Yeah had seen that Andersen said he was feeling good on my twitter timeline etc, and then refreshed and next thing I see Sparks is on his way down.

Positive news.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
A note in passing: I don't think any players are actually 100% at this point in the season. They are all more or less dinged up by now.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Hopefully he doesn't miss a beat, and continues where let left off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->