Frederik Andersen front runner for the Vezina

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
You guys create black and white statements and then complain about "haters" when they don't agree.

It's ridiculous.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Between him and Gibson right now. Gibson is still better I think but man is he ever playing amazing.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
The problem with save percentage is the same as with corsi, that is that high danger and low danger shots are weighted as equal.
That tunes out not to be a very big problem because shot attempts and high danger scoring chances are so heavily correlated. In fact, if you want to predict high danger scoring chances, using shot attempt data does a better job than using high danger scoring chance data.

Adding in shot quality data is tricky because it only adds a little new information but it can introduce a lot of noise into your final result so it’s pretty easy to end up with a final result that isn’t as useful as what you had with shot data alone so most of the attempts at doing so in the last decade have actually failed.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
I can only imagine the reception Gibson would get if he played on a Canadian team. Would be the second coming of Jesus.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Well you have a case on thee best top 9 and maybe coach but all are subjective as hell.

But you are incorrect. It is normal to see someone write "Player X could win the X" and want to talk about it, especially when your team has not won a major award since Gilmour.

I'm sorry, but the guys that get upset by the very topic are showing the insecurity, not the guys who want to enjoy rare success. Now I get that we are a big bunch and so our interest is big, but I'm tired of apologizing for having the biggest fan base. People need to avoid Leaf threads if their blood boils every time they see a positive topic by the largest fan base.

I think it’s more about “x player is the front runner, or undisputed” type comments more than ones that are “does x player have a shot at” ones. Andersen absolutely has a shot at the vezina, having a hell of a season. But a handful of other goalies are arguably better so far.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Well you have a case on thee best top 9 and maybe coach but all are subjective as hell.

But you are incorrect. It is normal to see someone write "Player X could win the X" and want to talk about it, especially when your team has not won a major award since Gilmour.

I'm sorry, but the guys that get upset by the very topic are showing the insecurity, not the guys who want to enjoy rare success. Now I get that we are a big bunch and so our interest is big, but I'm tired of apologizing for having the biggest fan base. People need to avoid Leaf threads if their blood boils every time they see a positive topic by the largest fan base.
It's not just it's because you've the biggest fanbase, it's because an awful lot of those posting these topics are obnoxious.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Yes yes we know, leaf fans are only allowed to use their own forums while everyone else can talk about their Players on the main, but we Leaf fans are the insecure ones. Brought to you by a Habs fan. Priceless irony.

Sorry buddy, we'll use the main forums like everyone else. Not accepting 2nd class citizen status. You Habs fans are welcome to it.

I'll assume you are equally offended by the Dylan Strome, Rantanen, Koskinen and Kunitz threads also right? I'm sure if I check right now you have posts in all of them telling them to use their own forum right?

I'm not sure you get Hockey forums.
Have there been numerous threads by each of those fanbases?

No, thought not.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
I can only imagine the reception Gibson would get if he played on a Canadian team. Would be the second coming of Jesus.

Just another Carey Price. Guy who is still branded as the best goalie in the game, because he had two very good seasons 3-4 years ago. One overrated bum is enough.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
He’s definately in the convo but Gibson would be the favorite as of right now IMO

I disagree. Gibson may be more deserving for propping up a worse team but it almost always goes to the statistical leader in some combination of save % and wins, whether we think that's fair or not. IMO in terms of actual voting Andersen and Rinne would be the favorites right now with Gibson and Halak just a hair back.

An aside because I don't think it's that relevant to voting but Andersen has been so damn consistent this year. 77% quality starts vs. 71% for Halak, 67% for Rinne, and 65% for Gibson.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Andersen flies under the radar a bit because of the prolific offense but he’s arguably more important.

For example, lost in the hoopla of Matthews impressive return and the wins is the fact that the leafs have given up 40+ shots in each of his last four (all wins) games during this current streak. Barely a word is spoken of his impact compared to the offense but he’s holding the back end together.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yes yes we know, leaf fans are only allowed to use their own forums while everyone else can talk about their Players on the main, but we Leaf fans are the insecure ones. Brought to you by a Habs fan. Priceless irony.

Sorry buddy, we'll use the main forums like everyone else. Not accepting 2nd class citizen status. You Habs fans are welcome to it.

I'll assume you are equally offended by the Dylan Strome, Rantanen, Koskinen and Kunitz threads also right? I'm sure if I check right now you have posts in all of them telling them to use their own forum right?

I'm not sure you get Hockey forums.

God, what the f*** does this even mean? Is your victim mentality so strong that it just completely blinds you from the truth?

There are more Leafs threads on the main boards than threads about any other 2 teams combined. How can you have such a delusional victim mentality to think that you are “only allowed to use (your) own forum”? That’s like me walking into McDonald’s, eating 10 Big Macs, and then complaining “nobody lets me eat! Wah wah! I’m such a victim!”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->