Injury Report: Frederik Andersen Day to Day

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Are you actually doing point projections from a few starts by Hutchinson? I'm not a huge fan of Freddy, but that's silly.

OK well we're 4-1 with our backups in net and the only loss was when our offense got shut out despite getting 7pps.

So describe it any way you think is appropriate.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
OK well we're 4-1 with our backups in net and the only loss was when our offense got shut out despite getting 7pps.

So describe it any way you think is appropriate.
Would you prefer Campbell/Hutchinson tandem going forward?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Would you prefer Campbell/Hutchinson tandem going forward?

All I can say is that last week, pre-Fred injury, I said we shouldn't be worried about playing Hutchinson "even a little bit".

And that wasn't necessarily a compliment to Hutchinson, in particular.

Would I prefer a rotation of guys rather than starting Fred game in game out and automatically come playoffs time? oh hell yes I would.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
All I can say is that last week, pre-Fred injury, I said we shouldn't be worried about playing Hutchinson "even a little bit".

And that wasn't necessarily a compliment to Hutchinson, in particular.

Would I prefer a rotation of guys rather than starting Fred game in game out and automatically come playoffs time? oh hell yes I would.
So you'd want a 3 goalie rotation? I'm genuinely asking because I dont know if that's actually been done. I guess this would be the year to do it, given the taxi squad situation.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
At this point if the Leafs have anymore stretches of 4 games in 6 nights there is no reason for Freddy to be playing more then 2 of them. Whom gets the starts in the others, I dont know and dont care. Both Hutch and Campbell have shown the ability to give us good starts.

If anything it shows how far this team has come defensively since last year. Maybe Hutch wasnt as bad as everyone made him out to be. The defense was horrible as a team.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So you'd want a 3 goalie rotation? I'm genuinely asking because I dont know if that's actually been done. I guess this would be the year to do it, given the taxi squad situation.

I am not in favour of a rotation for the sake of a rotation. Only if Freddy struggles game 1, for example, then it would be fine to switch.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

no not 3 goalies.

rotating Campbell and Freddy equally would be a nice place to start though.

Reactions: Lumberg

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It's been 3 games for Hutchinson he's been good but 3 games does not erase the disgraceful season he had last year
It's going to be 2045, and you're still going to be talking about a bad stretch for Hutch in 2019-2020. My god, let it go already. He's been fine. You were wrong about the sky falling.

Reactions: Auston 316

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Has Hutch really been good though? Or is the defensive play just a lot better overall than people want to believe and credit?

Game 1 he was poor and looked uncomfortable. Don't confuse posts and pucks hitting him with solid play.

Game 2 - I missed

Game 3 - He allows 1 goal, likely faced 2-3 chances l game. Seems like he played fine. You could want a shutout, likely unfair to expect a goalie to allow 2 or more with our D play last night

Reactions: zeke

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Has Hutch really been good though? Or is the defensive play just a lot better overall than people want to believe and credit?
It’s a fair question to look at his high danger save percentage and shot attempts against, and see how he’s doing in different ways… I’m just not the guy to offer that information, I wouldn’t even know where to look. Ha.
Suffice it to say though, he has saved a lot of pucks when he’s needed to.
And aside from last night, it’s not because it was a low shot total against.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Game 1 he was poor and looked uncomfortable. Don't confuse posts and pucks hitting him with solid play.

Game 2 - I missed

Game 3 - He allows 1 goal, likely faced 2-3 chances l game. Seems like he played fine. You could want a shutout, likely unfair to expect a goalie to allow 2 or more with our D play last night

flames were playing a super-trap game in both games, so weren't peppering him with quality chances, that's for sure.

then again, Hutch didn't do anything to make any chances look more dangerous than they were. I even saw him cross the crease not once but twice on the same passing play and somehow not flop down flailing on his stomach, like some other goalies are wont to do. He ended up making a very easy looking save on that second cross-slot pass to a one-timed slapper.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
even then, it's been a while since Freddy was the goalie they could depend on.
To be fair you've never liked him so I take that with a grain of salt.
I feel his play has come down some but I don't see a reason it cannot go back up, especially if our team defense keeps tightening up.
He was good this season until the injury barring a couple games

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
To be fair you've never liked him so I take that with a grain of salt.
I feel his play has come down some but I don't see a reason it cannot go back up, especially if our team defense keeps tightening up.
He was good this season until the injury barring a couple games

I liked him fine. He's been a good #1 workhorse goalie for us for most of his career, until last year and this year where he's been poor. He was never the elite goalie saving our butts that leafs nation claimed he was at the start, and he's not giving us quality goaltending this year or last year like leafs nation claims he is.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
flames were playing a super-trap game in both games, so weren't peppering him with quality chances, that's for sure.

then again, Hutch didn't do anything to make any chances look more dangerous than they were. I even saw him cross the crease not once but twice on the same passing play and somehow not flop down flailing on his stomach, like some other goalies are wont to do. He ended up making a very easy looking save on that second cross-slot pass to a one-timed slapper.
Thank God Reimer isn't playing here anymore ;)

Reactions: Confucius and zeke

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I liked him fine. He's been a good #1 workhorse goalie for us for most of his career, until last year and this year where he's been poor. He was never the elite goalie saving our butts that leafs nation claimed he was at the start, and he's not giving us quality goaltending this year or last year like leafs nation claims he is.
OK I thought it was you I had some lengthy debates with when we first acquired him and you were touting Reimer over him. My apologies if I misremembered.
And statistically he was an elite, top 10 goalie for a few years iirc and he did put on great performances for the fans especially when this team was fresh

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
OK I thought it was you I had some lengthy debates with when we first acquired him and you were touting Reimer over him. My apologies if I misremembered.
And statistically he was an elite, top 10 goalie for a few years iirc and he did put on great performances for the fans especially when this team was fresh

borderline top-10 performances, and hockey media was calling him team mvp vezina candidate bailing us out and the only reason we could win.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I don't remember this at all. Maybe some people claimed this but most of us saw him as a solid #1 goalie and possibly a top 10 goalie which is exactly what he was for a few years.

Andersen's been good for us overall!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
borderline top-10 performances, and hockey media was calling him team mvp vezina candidate bailing us out and the only reason we could win.
I'm not talking about the media though. The only media stuff I hear is during the intermission and I only half listen to that, though I do recall he was top 3 in vezina voting one year. Seems like a ligit claim

Ps I'm of the thought a goalie can never be the onky reason you win games. IMO it's a team game. Sure all players have good and bad games and the goalie position is really affected by that, but that's why it's about the overall level of performance in the net. 60ish games with a 918sv% is flipping good

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->