Injury Report: Frederik Andersen Day to Day

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Well if Hutch continues to play like he has then we're ok.

But we have to score some goals.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Imagine starting the season with the best goalie depth in the league, Andersen, Campbell, Dell.

Now imagine 1 month in and your goalies are Hutchinson and Woll

We're living near worst case scenario with regards to our goaltending before the season started. Injury timing forced Dell onto waivers where a New Jersey team that isn't going to do anything snatched him, and of course Campbell got hit with a long term injury barely a week later. "Day-to-day" is better than a hard timeline of weeks for Andersen but still I'd rather no injury at all. I suppose it's fortunate that this all happened early in the season instead of closer to playoff time.

Soooo current injuries are:
  • G: Andersen, Campbell
  • D: Muzzin
  • F: Thornton, Hyman, Simmonds
Brutal :(

Could throw Sandin on the list of injured D too as he was the #7 guy and would be on the taxi squad now if not for his own injury. Also the amount of grit and physicality on the injured list is absurd. Literally every player of ours with that plays with some sandpaper is down for the count.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dell isn't really a huge loss. He's a Hutchinson level depth goalie who just didn't have the brutal track record Hutch established for himself here.

Sounds like Campbell will be back soon enough, and Hutchinson is playing in an empty building so it's not like he has to deal with the stress of a hostile crowd.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ok Keefe's Qoute doesn't sound great but Freddy is day to do so how bad can it really be?

When has day to do EVER been serious?

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
That sounds worse than I had assumed.

I'm not Hutch fan (I think he stinks) but through 2 starts, he's given us a chance to win.
Which is all you can ask of a BUG

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hopefully he’s only out a couple of games.
As long as one of the point produces doesn’t go on LTIR I feel confident this divisional format will allow them to still make the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad