Confirmed with Link: Frederik Andersen - 5 Year Extension [25 Million - AAV: 5M] II

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs' Andersen leaves Olympic qualifier with apparent injury

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-andersen-leaves-olympic-qualifier-with-apparent-injury-1.559922

According to a report from Aivis Kalnins, Andersen was down on the ice for a couple of minutes before being pulled after a teammate crashed into him in Denmark's 3-0 loss to Slovenia.

According to the IIHF game sheet, Andersen was pulled for backup Sebastian Dahm with under five minutes to play in the game.

The Leafs signed Andersen to a five-year, $25 million after acquiring the restricted free agent from the Anaheim Ducks.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
I am so disappointed from Freddy. Seriously he has recently looked like he can’t stop a beach ball. I thought that we can win with him ... but he has never shown something special, especially during playoffs. :(

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I am so disappointed from Freddy. Seriously he has recently looked like he can’t stop a beach ball. I thought that we can win with him ... but he has never shown something special, especially during playoffs. :(
He's generally bad in October. A month from now you'll be quiet.

The bigger issue is that 2 guys getting paid $22M combined have been f***ing abysmal.

Reactions: Faltorvo and Rogue

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017

The bigger issue is that 2 guys getting paid $22M combined have been ****ing abysmal.
I know he is. He will be OK. Then he will get overworked like all seasons past and he will be decent at best in the playoffs. I want a playoff beast goalie, like Cujo ... sure he didn’t get us where needed, but he was special. During the playoffs he had another level. I felt safe with Cujo in net. And because of the greed you just mentioned we will never have such a goalie ... we just can’t afford it. :(

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

The bigger issue is that 2 guys getting paid $22M combined have been ****ing abysmal.

I honestly wonder how many fans here watch the games. Freddy has been, by far, the teams MVP over his contract. He's had some stinkers, but every team has.

However, he has been behind some god awful defensive rosters and systems and won the team game after game after game, while facing the most shots in the league AND playing the most games.

Blaming Freddy is not the problem. Was he bad the past few games? Yeah, he was. However, he will pick it up as he always does within a few weeks and be back to winning us a ton of games.

And as you touched on, why bump this thread? We have 11M Tavares who got captain doing nothing out there, and "Pay me like Matthews" Marner who can't even handle the puck.

They are far more responsible for these results than Freddy. Their salary has forced the team into the current construction. They are expected to lead the team and so far they haven't.

Plenty of blame to go around, and trying to push it to the feet of Freddy is one of the laziest arguments a person can have, and wreaks of an agenda.

Reactions: definedMF and Rogue

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
I honestly wonder how many fans here watch the games. Freddy has been, by far, the teams MVP over his contract. He's had some stinkers, but every team has.

However, he has been behind some god awful defensive rosters and systems and won the team game after game after game, while facing the most shots in the league AND playing the most games.

Blaming Freddy is not the problem. Was he bad the past few games? Yeah, he was. However, he will pick it up as he always does within a few weeks and be back to winning us a ton of games.

And as you touched on, why bump this thread? We have 11M Tavares who got captain doing nothing out there, and "Pay me like Matthews" Marner who can't even handle the puck.

They are far more responsible for these results than Freddy. Their salary has forced the team into the current construction. They are expected to lead the team and so far they haven't.

Plenty of blame to go around, and trying to push it to the feet of Freddy is one of the laziest arguments a person can have, and wreaks of an agenda.
No, I am fully supporting what you are saying.
I just feel very frustrated and Freddy seems the only one who I can blame.
We are stuck with 1/4 in cap in Tavares and Marner and we can't do anything about it.
As you wrote it ... now I feel bad, you are right dude ... it really seems I am throwing Freddy under the bus and he doesn't deserve this.
I am overreacting about the 7 goals.
Freddy is not our problem, but then the situation looks doomed and we are cap screwed for a long time. :(

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
A little of early struggles will make him stronger down the stretch.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Last year's Vezina winner has a .903 Sv% and a 3.04 GAA. Relax, it's early. Also, there is plenty of blame to go around. Only the Matthews and Kerfoot lines have done anything of note in the early part of this season.

Reactions: Rogue

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

A good goalie needs to be consistent from October right through til June if a team is going to win it all. Having bad months hurts the team in close playoff races.

It might be better for Andersen to be in a goalie platoon system. He reminds me of a 1B goalie. 1A gets slightly over 50% of the games with Andersen getting the rest.

Also, I think Andersen needs to be pulled the very 1st sign that it's not his night.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto

This is where Andersen has ranked in terms of 5v5 Sv% when compared to other goalies that have played 2000 mins in the respective seasons:

Year5v5 Sv% rank 5v5 HDSv% rank
2016-201712th9th
2017-201813th23rd
2018-20196th15th
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I don’t think it’s fair to call him our MVP these last couple seasons. If we replaced him with a league average goalie, they’d let in slightly more low and medium danger shots, and save about the same high danger ones. I think Matthews and Marner both have contributed more value compared to league average forwards, than Andersen has compared to league average goaltenders.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
The problem is we don’t have any cap space and practically everything is downsized for the big contracts. :( We can’t even afford a good backup. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->