Confirmed with Link: Frederik Andersen - 5 Year Extension [25 Million - AAV: 5M] II

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Anderson is going to be an epic fail. He has already been put on a pedestal by Lou and what does he have to work for now? I hope I'm wrong.

I think Anderson is quite happy in Ottawa and they probably also likes him. What has that got to do with Andersen in Toronto? And what are your arguements?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Last summer you asked me how much money Bernier should be worth. In the end Leafs paid over 6M for one year of Bernier. Sure I wouldn't have taken him to arbitration, I said from the start that that was a big mistake.

You and all the other Bernier fans had sleepless nights because Reimer kicked ass. You should still eat your crow.

Babcock threw the medical staff under the bus when they brought Reimer back too early. But he's the head coach and responsible for running him down in the first place, played him much more than Lundqvist played. How can someone be so foolish, that's why I complained at that time.

Read back, after Reimer's last game before the injury I said the damage is done. But Babcock didn't let him rest even after 3 games in 4 nights twice and Reimer had to show up in practise. Where is the accountability for these moronic mistakes.

On the goalie front Babcock showed that he isn't in the winning business, running down 2 goalies in the first 2 months.

Leafs should pay me peanuts for my experience, they would save millions LOL

So you are not only going to portray unsubstantiated theories as proof flaunting an unwarranted, absurd arrogance, you are also going to start with the 'fanboy' comments as well?

I loved it when Reimer kicked ass, for your information. I gave up on Bernier when I felt it objectively reasonable to do so. I don't base my opinions and evaluations on emotions. And I don't post continuously on one topic using one argument for half a year to try and make myself sound good, either.

Here's a list of assumptions made by you:

1) That the medical staff didn't clear Reimer to Babcock.
2) That it wasn't the prudent choice, with all information, to ride the hot Reimer.
3) That his groin injury was caused by work load, which isn't a given.
4) That you weren't just lucky calling the injury.
5) That Reimer showing up for practice wasn't for on-ice rehabilitation.
6) That the alternatives for any choice made wasn't worse.
7) That you are more capable calling injuries from your TV than the Leafs medical staff.
8) That the injuries wouldn't have happened regardless of use.
9) That Reimer would have played as well if his usage had changed.
10) That Bernier wouldn't have done just as bad if his usage had changed.
11) That different actions would have resulted in a worse goaltending situation now.

And that's just assumptions. You also make logical leaps, and mistake correlation for causation. You also seem to think that you know the situations better than the professionals that are actually involved does, despite having very limited insight.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but usage and work load of your goaltenders are not what makes or breaks a management team or a coach. Very, very far from it. In fact, I'd say you are pretty alone in getting so hung up on it.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
First shutout for Freddie this season as Denmark defeated Latvia 3-0 in preparation for the olympic qualification that starts thursday. Wasnt tested that much to be honest, but made an overall strong performance with his always calm presentation.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
First shutout for Freddie this season as Denmark defeated Latvia 3-0 in preparation for the olympic qualification that starts thursday. Wasnt tested that much to be honest, but made an overall strong performance with his always calm presentation.

Allow me to disagree. I think he was tested today. Our defense often did a terrible job leaving an unmarked forward in front of him and that created a decent amount of chances. Freddie did a very good job though and made it look easy, due to very good tecnique. That being said, he didnt make any miracle saves

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Allow me to disagree. I think he was tested today. Our defense often did a terrible job leaving an unmarked forward in front of him and that created a decent amount of chances. Freddie did a very good job though and made it look easy, due to very good tecnique. That being said, he didnt make any miracle saves

Allow me to disagree back then :laugh:

Compared to a standard NHL game this was nothing and I think you know that.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
uh oh we got a Danish fight goin on.

tumblr_nxpgshQ3xm1ririjeo1_500.jpg

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
You seem to think that you know the situations better than the professionals that are actually involved does, despite having very limited insight.

Of course most have very limited insight and even those who have insight knowledge might not know enough to be sure to make the right decisions. I judge situations with my knowledge like I think they are and complain if I think something goes wrong and most of the times it ended wrong. They had better insight and still failed.

A nice example without needing insight knowledge was choosing arbitration. I like to bring this up again and again because it shows.

New season, new chances for everybody. Watching Andersen, Bernier and Reimer will be fun.

247Leafs

Jul 28, 2016
I was wrong about Raycroft, Toskala, Bernier and a few others in the era since Potvin, Joseph and Belfour. I am going to wait and see about Andersen. Just am hoping for the best and hoping that he has a really strong team in front of him to help out and make his life as easy as possible.

Such an important position.. I hope hes the guy. He very well has the tools to be. Now we wait and watch to find out.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I was wrong about Raycroft, Toskala, Bernier and a few others in the era since Potvin, Joseph and Belfour. I am going to wait and see about Andersen. Just am hoping for the best and hoping that he has a really strong team in front of him to help out and make his life as easy as possible.

Such an important position.. I hope hes the guy. He very well has the tools to be. Now we wait and watch to find out.

I was extremely disgusted with the Raycroft trade, even before he played a game for us, but I held my breath on the other two and we saw how it played out. I think Andersen is closer to that echelon of goalie than most want to admit. I hope i'm wrong.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Lou is the goalie whisperer

I think this is a bit overstated to be honest. He got one of the best goaltender talents in all time, and then made a great catch with Schneider. I'd like to see more before I put my faith in some uncanny ability of his to see greatness in goaltenders.

kfjjagr

Betting on NHL and AHL hockey!
Sep 24, 2011
Denmark
twitter.com
Frederik Andersen was injured today in their dominating 3-0 loss to mighty Slovenia. No update on his status, but he collided with his own defenseman and stayed down for several minutes before being pulled.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That collision looked fairly harmless from the video, all though it is slowed down.

From my uneducated opinion, looks like it could just be a deep bruise or something like that. Maybe his shoulder got jammed in the landing though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad