Freddy's new mask

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I always get a kick out of goalie mask designs, and have a preference for the white cage,as it provides a nice contrast and stands out better on TV.

With that said, I love the new mask (cage and artwork), and hopefully Freddy sticks with a white cage and doesn't change it to silver like his last mask!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX3YwNbFS9K/

DHYuc2CXoAA9Dqi.jpg

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
was prepared to hate it, like most new masks, but that one is pretty fricken sweet.

member 262271

I'm a fan. I suspect it will be in the EA Sports NHL series by 2022. Or never.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That's pretty bad ass actually. Perhaps one of the best Leaf goalie masks of all time.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Could be the best Leafs' goalie mask of all time that doesn't have a personalized design IMO (i.e excluding Potvin's cat, CuJo's dog, Eddie's eagle, etc.), although Jiri Crha's old school mask was pretty bad-ass too:

jiricrha.jpg

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Does anybody else do masks besides DaveArt?

Kind of getting sick of the style... a bit more minimalist would probably be a nice change

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Does anybody else do masks besides DaveArt?

Kind of getting sick of the style... a bit more minimalist would probably be a nice change

Agreed... hate daves designs. His art is good enough and his ideas. But the ripped looking leafs parts and lightning bolts are on almost all daves masks... he needs more variety.

Would've liked the mask more if the maple leaf wasn't all skewed to daves prederences and instead kept to its original look.

Edit I get it more... the leaf is messed because the cloth (jock strap?) is being ripped and exposing the leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->