Freddy ranked 9th in NHL.com's list of top 10 goaltenders

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
When we get "Stands on His Head" Freddie he's probably the best goalie in the NHL. When we get "Can't Stop a Beach Ball" Freddie, he's probably among the worst tenders in the NHL.

Given the percentages of games in each of those two extremes, 10-15 sounds about right.

I would like to see less of Bad Freddie.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Freddy has not reached his greatness, YET. IMO he's got more to give.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
When we get "Stands on His Head" Freddie he's probably the best goalie in the NHL. When we get "Can't Stop a Beach Ball" Freddie, he's probably among the worst tenders in the NHL.

Given the percentages of games in each of those two extremes, 10-15 sounds about right.

I would like to see less of Bad Freddie.

wouldnt those 2 extremes represent every goalie in the NHL?

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I love how Helle was trash last year in the Peg, and has less of a track record than Freddy, but is rated that high.

Some people lol

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
It seems like any time a Leaf has been on one of these lists, the overwhelming debate has been why they shouldn’t be there.

Leafs could have both McDavid and Crosby and people would still find ways to claim they aren't generational talents. Freddy is a very good starting goalie, bordering on elite. He isn't top 5 but inside the top 10 isn't unreasonable. He's the best goalie Toronto has had since Joseph and Belfour.

Reactions: Elephanto

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Really? I think he's a solid-but-not-great starter, and this place seems to generally overrate him, to me.

I don't think he's a top 10 goalie either, but he gets less credit than he deserves when plays well (which is often) and more blame than he deserves when he doesn't.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
The list is really screwed up but Freddy in 8-15 range somewhere. But missing Price who is world #1, the King and Murray. Price and King were on very bad teams last year which i suspect list was based on. When Bob is your #1 then you have to take list with a grain of salt. If I had to pick guys to have on a Cup run Quick, Murray and Holtby would be my top 3. Big time big save goalies who make plays when game is on the line. Hopefully Freddy can be better when we get him a more reliable defence core.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
The list is really screwed up but Freddy in 8-15 range somewhere. But missing Price who is world #1, the King and Murray. Price and King were on very bad teams last year which i suspect list was based on. When Bob is your #1 then you have to take list with a grain of salt. If I had to pick guys to have on a Cup run Quick, Murray and Holtby would be my top 3. Big time big save goalies who make plays when game is on the line. Hopefully Freddy can be better when we get him a more reliable defence core.

I think Dubnyk > Freddy too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->