News Article: Freddy is playing through a Groin injury.. Updated reveals Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Freddy will get a couple conditioning games with the Marlies. Campbell will be our starter heading into the playoffs but the moment Campbell has an off game, Freddy will be given the opportunity to take the net back.

Reactions: DarkKnight

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Huh. Thanks, learn something every day.

For further colour, the word originated from Eminem's hit Stan in 2000 and essentially became a word for an obsessed fan who sees no wrong in the player/artist.

It is pretty stupid for Leafs fans to be calling other fans Freddy stans when again, the reality of the situation suggests we may need the guy, so why bash fans supporting him. It almost feels like some Leafs fans would rather him suck even if it means the Leafs losing a series vs. the alternative.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Freddy will get a couple conditioning games with the Marlies. Campbell will be our starter heading into the playoffs but the moment Campbell has an off game, Freddy will be given the opportunity to take the net back.
That will depend on if Campbell gets some games under his belt in the playoffs. The team won’t turn to Fred if Jack has performed well, right away, he will get some slack. The nightmare scenario is Jack looks shaken straight away, then we are into a lot of drama and there is some panic around the team. Things happen quickly come playoffs, what you really hope for is Jack performs well and we smoothly move forward.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Is it just a coincidence that both Campbell and Andersen had knee injuries this year? Could it be because of technique? Off ice training?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Andersen ends up getting either the Ottawa game or Winnipeg game or both to end the season with the Leafs. No way they bring him along in the playoffs without facing a game or two at the NHL level.

Campbell gets next 2 against Montreal.

Andersen get last 2 against Ottawa and Winnipeg.

Reactions: crump

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Andersen ends up getting either the Ottawa game or Winnipeg game or both to end the season with the Leafs. No way they bring him along in the playoffs without facing a game or two at the NHL level.

I don't think so. Resting Campbell for 10 days or WE before game 1 doesn't seem like a good idea.

Anyhow, Freddie is healthy enough to play again it seems which is fantastic news! Go Freddie Go!

Reactions: Clark4Ever

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
My guess would be Fred gets the full Marlies game Saturday if he is fine and then the Ottawa game next Wednesday with the Leafs if all goes well. Campbell finishes the season and starts in the playoffs.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I don't think so. Resting Campbell for 10 days or WE before game 1 doesn't seem like a good idea.

Anyhow, Freddie is healthy enough to play again it seems which is fantastic news! Go Freddie Go!

Assuming all our goaltenders stay healthy over the final regular season games, this is the most depth we've ever had in goal going into the playoffs as far as I can remember.

Campbell
Andersen
Rittich
Hutchinson

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Good news he's going to see game action but that doesn't convince me he's playing again this season, including the playoffs.

At the very least I think he'd have to get a couple of games in before the season ends to see how he holds up to full NHL games before the team putting their faith in him over Campbell. And right now there's only 2 possible games he could still get in, one week from today vs. Ottawa and the final game two nights later against the Jets.

I don't see it, but I do hope he's at least ready to be the backup in the playoffs and, no knock on Freddie - more of an indication of the team's success, but he never sees any action.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Assuming all our goaltenders stay healthy over the final regular season games, this is the most depth we've ever had in goal going into the playoffs as far as I can remember.

Campbell
Andersen
Rittich
Hutchinson

Most depth, yeah that's true and one way of looking at it I guess. Though the other way of looking at it is that all you really need if a solid #1, depth schmepth. But Campbell's looking good lately so there is that.

Nice

As of now I'd have Campbell as the starter but I'd feel more comfortable with a fully fit Andersen backing him up as insurance

+1

Huh? Rupid?

The origin of the term 'Stan' is from Eminem, not combining the words. Although Eminem himself may have derived the term in this manner.

Urban Dictionary: rupid

Reactions: saffronleaf

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
For further colour, the word originated from Eminem's hit Stan in 2000 and essentially became a word for an obsessed fan who sees no wrong in the player/artist.

It is pretty stupid for Leafs fans to be calling other fans Freddy stans when again, the reality of the situation suggests we may need the guy, so why bash fans supporting him. It almost feels like some Leafs fans would rather him suck even if it means the Leafs losing a series vs. the alternative.

It cuts both ways. There are a few posters on here who care more generating arguments over Andersen and how wrong the "haters" or "detractors" are than discussing the team. They would probably enjoy seeing Campbell falter just to be "right". It's best to ignore both sides at this point IMO.

I think Jack should start based on his season, but if Andersen is healthy he is the best choice as backup IMO.

Reactions: saffronleaf

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

He has to start seeing NHL shots and traffic if he is going to be seriously considered ready. It’d be insane to think he can go from 0-100 with no tune up.

Reactions: cipher

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Huh? Rupid?

The origin of the term 'Stan' is from Eminem, not combining the words. Although Eminem himself may have derived the term in this manner.

It was Eminem but he got the word from combining stalker and fan. That’s what Stan means.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Huh? Rupid?

In many of the indo-european languages the word "stan" means "state, place, land or nation". Sounds like Eminem just stole it from those languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad