News Article: Freddy is playing through a Groin injury.. Updated reveals Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
if he's playing through a groin injury why is he playing?
Same reason Matthews is playing through his wrist injury. We have no other option. We saw the mighty Hutchinson deliver against the sens

2 goals andersen would only let in to a 4th liner in the playoffs he allows at the start of the game. He is truly terrible

Andersen has been poor but if we are going with hutchinson we have almost no chance at winning

Campbell being so injury prone wasn't in dubas plans. The guy has played 3 out of 30 games which is just terrible when people thought ot would he like 33-35 starts andersen and 21-23 Campbell

Reactions: Jmo89

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
jeez rest Freddy; find a way to play hutch with solid defensive games. if we can go .5 for about a 10 game stretch and then heat up that would be fine

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020
Do Canadians trust their news? I haven't done that in a very long time. This even has the weasel word in it - believed. Why would you put that in there unless you made it up? Either you confirmed he has a groin injury or you're guessing and feel the need to print it.

I like you dude....

It would be nice if our GM could get a reliable goalie that isn't made of glass.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Tough news he's certainly looked really off lately. Thing is this has turned into a multi-year thing. It's not just the last 6 games or this season. Freddy has looked off since last season or before and his sv% shows it.

I hope he heals up and comes back 100% with a big effort down the stretch but I'm not sure if he'll ever get back to where he was. We haven't seen steady Freddy consistently in some time now.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So when is our secondary goalie Jack Campbell going to be healthy enough to play ice hockey no?

He has played like 3 games the whole season....... wow.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
It’s mentioned in this article. I though something is up. Not another p!ssed off at him word coming from my posts. Jeezus rest the guy and give the net to Campbell was probably the plan all along. Anyways, first mention anywhere is in this article. Kind of wish we’d known right.
What’s wrong with the Maple Leafs? Nothing a healthy dose of Jack Campbell and Wayne Simmonds couldn’t help

I posted suspected groin issues here last Wednesday! Hope they give him a rest.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I posted suspected groin issues here last Wednesday! Hope they give him a rest.
Who was it that brought it up last week. I missed that completely. They want/need Campbell back badly. Freddy playing backup or flat out healthy scratch would be awesome

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
No way he has a groin injury if they pull Hutch and put him into a back2back.

just an excuse for his terrible play
I don't believe these sentences neither sire. I'm a andersen believer and follower, but do not think these groin thangs is true. It can't be. We have other goalies to play.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Do Canadians trust their news? I haven't done that in a very long time. This even has the weasel word in it - believed. Why would you put that in there unless you made it up? Either you confirmed he has a groin injury or you're guessing and feel the need to print it.
Yes i trust mainstream news. Do i read right through their agenda and areas they are trying to drive public opinion, absolutely do. Do i watch it every day. Are you out of your mind lol. I’d need to be drunk 24/7 if i watched depression dripping news every day. F*** news. Luckily I’m a sports fan ha. Anything fun gets a pass. News,not dat much fun.:)

Dude don’t fret. Next thing you know you won’t even be able to watch a football game without thinking they are talking about you every time they go in to a huddle.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes i trust mainstream news. Do i read right through their agenda and areas they are trying to drive public opinion, absolutely do. Do i watch it every day. Are you out of your mind lol. I’d need to be drunk 24/7 if i watched depression dripping news every day. F*** news. Luckily I’m a sports fan ha. Anything fun gets a pass. News,not dat much fun.:)

Dude don’t fret. Next thing you know you won’t even be able to watch a football game without thinking they are talking about you every time they go in to a huddle.

I didn't realize that the reptilians were that interested in the Leafs but it sure does explain a lot. ;)

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA

I've had a lot of experience spotting fake news in the last few years, so it's a bit of an acquired talent. This story had that smell to it.

Reactions: Lumberg

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This will be an issue for Freddy the rest of the season. Groin injuries are extremely difficult on goaltenders in particular.

We can't count on him being 100% at any point moving forward. Campbell seems to be even more fragile, and despite his excellent play in a very limited sample size, we can't count on him either.

This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed or we're going to waste another season with our core intact.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Andersen's groin is held together with duct tape and prayers at this point, I can't imagine he's ever going to actually be at 100% for the rest of his career.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad